Newbie question about F-Mode and OIC

P

PaulW

In the P2V+ with NAZA-M enabled there was a lock to home option - useful if the orientation of the plane was unknown. Using Back always brought the plane back to you.

Seems to be something similar with the P3.

I've enabled IOC and set it to F-Mode. But pulling back doesn't seem to pull it back to me but some random direction. I tried the reset option but that didn't help!

I had a look in the manual and it says "Home lock coming soon!".

It appears its locked to course lock.

But as far as I can see you can't actually set a course!

I tried creating a guide line - which worked - but couldn't then see a "GO" button to make the plane follow it.

None of this stuff is in the manual and obviously limited help online due to its newness.

Anyway help or point me in the direction of a tutorial for these features?

I think it's a work in progress and proper HL and IOC (like the behaviour with the P2V+) is coming "soon" to the P3 whenever that is ;-)

I think it's a work in progress and proper HL and IOC (like the behaviour with the P2V+) is coming "soon" to the P3 whenever that is ;-)

Thanks Fourblade - I'd been wondering if there was a setting I was missing somewhere.

Shame - HL was a useful feature.

I look at this way, the Inspire 1 is still waiting for HL and IOC, "coming soon" promise.

So is the guide line feature ( which DJI show working in their video ) also a "coming soon" feature?

In the P2V+ with NAZA-M enabled there was a lock to home option - useful if the orientation of the plane was unknown. Using Back always brought the plane back to you.

Seems to be something similar with the P3.

I've enabled IOC and set it to F-Mode. But pulling back doesn't seem to pull it back to me but some random direction. I tried the reset option but that didn't help!

I had a look in the manual and it says "Home lock coming soon!".

It appears its locked to course lock.

But as far as I can see you can't actually set a course!

I tried creating a guide line - which worked - but couldn't then see a "GO" button to make the plane follow it.

None of this stuff is in the manual and obviously limited help online due to its newness.

Anyway help or point me in the direction of a tutorial for these features?
You're confusing "course" with waypoint flying (which as we know, the P3 doesn't have yet :rolleyes:). Those lines you're drawing are just a "visual guide" for now.
Course lock will lock the orientation of the nose of the bird, and the sticks will work relative to that orientation. ie, if the nose is pointing north when home point is recorded, then right stick forward will always send the bird north regardless of the nose orientation mid-flight. Basically, exactly the same way CL behaved on the V+. Just google Naza IOC Course Lock if you want formal descriptions and use cases.

In the DJI video
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

At the 8minute point they show drawing an "autonomous route" and she then says "To start the route click the auto take off icon".

Which I think is where I got the idea from. Not actually tried this - when I was out I forgot which icon I had to press to start the route.

I suspect its another "coming soon" feature but wonder if anyone tried it?

CL is currently supported and can act just like HL. Just adjust you're orientation as soon as u lift off.

CL is currently supported and can act just like HL. Just adjust you're orientation as soon as u lift off.
No that is incorrect, course lock can not work as home lock.

If f.e. you start the phantom with nose in front of you and then move 200mt forward and then 200mt left, if you in course lock hold right stick backwards the phantom will come in your direction but 200mts on the left side! Home lock would bring it diagonally direct to you.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers