Newbie Problems With P3A... (Pilot Error)

Reaction score
Hi Everyone, Thank you for stopping by to read my post. I hope I can get some feedback and pointers on what to do next. So a little over two months ago I purchased a used P3A. It was great, I took it easy the first couple of times flying it. Had no issues! Then on my fifth flight I went into some power/phone lines and crashed. It wasn't as bad as one might imagine. The only damage was a cracked shell. I took it to Hobby Masters and in five days I was back up again. So now the big problem... Getting ready started for my tenth flight I put the memory card into the camera upside down. Yep, it got stuck! I did finally managed to get it out. But at the cost of having the camera not accepting a memory card. I think the spring inside is broken and if I try to push any card in it won't seat well and my Nexus says "no sim". I still flys great but I can't save any footage. Or can I? So my question to you professionals is Can the camera be fixed or do I have to buy a whole new camera? Is there a way to capture my footage on my Nexus tablet? All your advise would be very much appreciated.

No, you can't capture any pics/videos w/o an SD card. Try using some tape to keep the card in. Otherwise try taking it to a camera repair shop, I can't believe you're the first person to ruin the spring in an SD slot.

Reactions: D4T_PoM
I think a screen recorder app for your tablet might be your only choice . Hani from uavrepairs.com can probably fix her up. Or maybe someone with some experience with this can chime in and offer a better solution . Good luck!

No, you can't capture any pics/videos w/o an SD card. Try using some tape to keep the card in. Otherwise try taking it to a camera repair shop, I can't believe you're the first person to ruin the spring in an SD slot.
I think so... Just my luck, huh! Tried the tape thing it didn't work!

Use a sim tool pick or a round toothpick and cut it blunt. Push on end with that and see if it will click lock. Maybe it's not getting in far enough to click. Or the spring is stuck and needs an extra push to move it to the ejected position.

Reactions: Oso
The screen video is only 720p and a very poor substitute for the real video that would be recorded on the card.
Yes correct it is not a very good substitute . You definitely need to get it fixed buy if you are just wanting something and quality doesn't matter a screen recorder will work until you figure out a permanent solution

Who is Hani from uavrepairs.com ? Anyone else out there that REPAIRS these cameras? Everyone that I contacted wants to REPLACE it. I can't believe that I would have to replace the whole camera because of a memory card slot. The camera works great. It's only the slot... Which screen recorder should I get? If I could fix it for under a hundred I would do that right away, otherwise I would use a screen recorder till I get the funds.

I had a malfunction on my P3P - same as u where the lock would not engage. I did not put in the micro SD in correctly - lock just stopped working. I have read about similar cases where the sim has been ejected mid-air, so there really should be a safety lock ! Anyway - I sent mine to DJI and the entire gimbal was replaced under warranty. But I'm looking into putting a small clamp on - so I don't loose the card in case it occurs again.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4