P3 Firmware Newbie problem :-(

Reaction score
hi guys, I have. P3 pro and was advised to update the firmware. I did this without any issue on the quad, followed instructions on the controller. Placed card reader in USB slot, powered up and waited for the red light to turn blue.. It never did, it was just solid red and then after about five mins, the controller has switched off. I haven't taken the card reader out or switched the controller back on... ny ideas on what I should do? I hope I haven't cocked up the controller which willneed to be sent back now...! Any help appreciated..! Thanks very much in advance..

The controller shouldn't be on when you're updating the firmware on the P3. Start over and leave the controller off.

Sorry, one more daft question, now I have done the quad update should I delete the .bin file from the card before using the quad? :).

The controller shouldn't be on when you're updating the firmware on the P3. Start over and leave the controller off.
Hi, controller (and quad) was off. I then put the sd card in the quad, turned the quad on and 25 mins later the quad was updated. Txt file said "success". Then followed instructions for they controller. (Quad was off). Controller was definitely off. I put the card into a use reader in the controller. Switched the controller on. On the you tube vids, the front light went red. 60 seconds later it went blue and then (apparently), the controller is updated. When I did this the light stayed red, no blue + sounds. Five mins later, the controller just switched off. I checked to see if there was a Txt files saying success, there was none, just the .bin file.. :)

Hi guys, i'm in the exact same situation as gglass but I have a steady red led on my controller when I power it up and I also can't connect to camera. Any ideas?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

The RC (controller) is updated via the GO app. You can no longer update via USB.

Power on everything like you're ready to fly. The GO app will prompt you to update the RC and possibly the GO app as well. If you want to update GO app, do it before controller, reboot mobile device, then update controller. You will need a internet connection.

Please explain....
This is contrary to all the information ever posted on battery FW updates.
I think he is assuming only one battery. I keep the sd care on the bird to update the batteries. Once they are all updated, I reformat the sd card to remove the .bin file.

I think he is assuming only one battery. I keep the sd care on the bird to update the batteries. Once they are all updated, I reformat the sd card to remove the .bin file.
I agree, that the batteries are updated via the bin file on the SD card. I was asking Mark to explain why he thinks they are not.

I have always left the .bin file inside the p3. Been flying since June. I was under the impression it needed to be left on the SD card. like an OS or component of an operating system, something to be referenced.

gglass,
i'm new to this and am having the same issue. Can you explain which advice you followed and what got your RC working? I'm confused by the comment that the "RC doesn't need updating". The two YouTube videos I watched definitely said you update the RC after the aircraft. I've tried both the firewire connection to the aircraft and the USB on the controller. neither seems to work. The DJI Go app says the aircraft is running v1.6...... and the controller is running v1.4......
Thanks for any advice.

Update:
Got home and tried one more time to use the firewire to update the RC with no luck. Then reloaded the DJI Go app, and restarted everything. The app gave me the "update RC" warning. I followed the on screen instructions and it completed the download and update. everything appears to be working. The "About" menu still says the aircraft is running v1.06....., but, now says the RC is running v1.05..... as opposed to the original 1.04.... that both were running before I started all this.
Weird.

My advice is don't follow the RC upgrade instructions given in some of the YouTube videos.
Hope this helps somebody.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic