Newbie phantom 4

Reaction score
Ok been reading for 3 days and have absorbed most info but still going to ask the same dumb questions a million have asked.
Does my tablet need wIfi to use/fly?
Using a galaxy tab 4, no wifi on tablet ,get wifi from the house. not so good for Vedio , dropped iPhone 6 2nd day chacked screen in for repair.
What's the best tablet to get?
How the hell do you get the Vedio to the computer, read every thing I can and stI'll cant download Vedio to computer?
How do you set up the return to land in the place it took off from automatically ?

Thanks in advance, I'm learning ......

For a P4 you only need the USB cable (no wi/fi ). If your device doesn't have cell capability you can pre-cache the maps before you leave the house.

For iOS you have to connect your device to iTunes to get the flight data and transmitted video off. The high quality video still resides on your memory card in the P4.

Best device depends upon your budget, operating system desired, and screen size desired. Bigger isn't always better. Things get heavy!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Last edited:
Your tab 4 will work (I have wifi but no cell) thats what I have, remove all the crap apps and keep it for flying, disable all notifications using your settings. Get your maps on your computer and they will go in the GO cach. You will only be able to play 1080p 30fps on the tablet, the video on card will be good, video in the tablet not so good. I am looking for a better tablet with gps and wifi and a hdmi output, so far Nvidia seems to fill that card.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik