Newbie Phantom 4 or Phantom 3 advanced?

If it's your first Phantom the P4 would be my recommend choice. I have a P3 Pro & P4. The P4 has some nice features that make it worth getting.
What ever your choice both are great.

Reactions: isopro
1000's of cycles? Honestly can't imagine any Phantom battery lasting for 1000 cycles...not even most Phantoms! I'd rather replace them then have to limit myself to only 50-60% of the battery. Again DJI warrants the batteries for six months & they make none of these recommendations.

Im not talking about DJI limited information, im talking about proven scientific information about Lithium-Polymer batteries, that apply to all type of li-po...
{Here is how to get 1000 cycle out of you drone instead of only 200-300(this is not a theory but a proven fact, from lot of scientic tests and data, also easy to research using google).
How to Prolong Lithium-based Batteries - Battery University }

{Here is some info about break in, scroll to li-po (but the break-in part is only a theory),I did find some improvement using this method, but do not have 100 lipo to do real testing... : BU-701: How to Prime Batteries – Battery University }

But as you can see from scientific data if you discharge you battery under 20-30% and or charge it to 100% instead of just 90% you get a lot less cycles then if you do only use it between 90-30%....

One thing I like about the Phantom 4 is the use of magnesium inner frame for strength and higher grade plastic on outer shell.
I always thought the shell of phantom 3 is pretty weak/cheap! Not much better then a 199 Cheerson CX-20. Sad

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I like the magnesium core, but I've seen a few crashed P4 crash videos & the shell appears brittle in an impact. I've seen Phantom shells bent & distorted, but I've never seen a nacelle completely broken off until the P4.

One thing I like about the Phantom 4 is the use of magnesium inner frame for strength and higher grade plastic on outer shell.
I always thought the shell of phantom 3 is pretty weak/cheap! Not much better then a 199 Cheerson CX-20. Sad

Reactions: Toph
Bklmonty, have you decided what phantom you are getting yet? I only mentioned stress cracks on the phantom 3 series, because early on a lot of people complain about cracks appearing after several flights, as meta4 mention early on most likely a couple of batches of bad plastic or bad moulding technique or even over tighten screws near motor mounts?
If nobody is getting them anymore that's great for dji and us guys, plus if you do have any problems can always send it back to them for repairs.
Don't know if you live in USA or uk, but in the uk in Huddersfield they is company called direct drones who sell phantom drones and you can go down and have a free lesson in flying one,to get the feel and see if you like them before buying.
Is they any place near you were they sell them, so you can go in and actually see one and hold it and get more advice on phantom?
Whatever you buy dji phantoms are great drones on the market, I personally now is seriously thinking of getting the phantom 4, maybe in few months when saved a bit more £££££[emoji51] I just like the overall new build and design and new features and looks like future of drones. As you posted in beginning depends on £££$$$?
Safe flying when you do get one[emoji106]

Considering the cost of a cheap drone, I'd get one of each! Play with the cheap one to learn to fly manually and make your mistakes, then transition gradually to the Phantom for higher, longer flights and photography. You need to take some chances and get the feel of the quad while you're learning, and you don't want to take those risks on the Phantom. You'll still be flying the Phantom (some) on day 1 or 2.

My first drone was a Cheerson CX-20. I apparently failed to get a proper GPS lock. My first and last flight was a $300 fly-away.

Great video dirty bird, bridge looks great at night time! Keep up the good work.[emoji106]

Anyone that is saying to buy a P3 instead of a P4 are just haters flat out. The P4 is a far superior bird. If you can afford the P4. Get it! If money is an issue than get the P3. Point blank.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Anyone that is saying to buy a P3 instead of a P4 are just haters flat out. The P4 is a far superior bird. If you can afford the P4. Get it! If money is an issue than get the P3. Point blank.

Lol!

Considering the cost of a cheap drone, I'd get one of each! Play with the cheap one to learn to fly manually and make your mistakes, then transition gradually to the Phantom for higher, longer flights and photography. You need to take some chances and get the feel of the quad while you're learning, and you don't want to take those risks on the Phantom. You'll still be flying the Phantom (some) on day 1 or 2.

My first drone was a Cheerson CX-20. I apparently failed to get a proper GPS lock. My first and last flight was a $300 fly-away.

That is smart and actually what I still do to practice my finger memory with full manual

How could your CX-20 fly away? All you have to do is toggle 0-0 and u be in full command?!
Crash yes! But fly away?

You don't even own a P4 and your LOLing? You shouldn't even comment if you don't have one. Your giving someone advice on a product you never used. Even if the battery times are not as advertised they are still better than the P3 and people are getting more than advertised range. Don't knock it before you try it.

You don't even own a P4 and your LOLing? You shouldn't even comment if you don't have one. Your giving someone advice on a product you never used. Even if the battery times are not as advertised they are still better than the P3 and people are getting more than advertised range. Don't knock it before you try it.

LOL!!

The P4 price is unlikely to fall in the near future.
DJI didn't reduce the P3P price for 9 months after it was released.

The P3 Pro had essentially no 4K video competition for many months after launch. Yuneec just dropped the price of their Typhoon H to a hundred bucks under the P4. I still prefer the P4 for many reasons (range, speed, etc.) but I wouldn't be surprised to see a downward price adjustment made much sooner this time around. My guess is they will move it down to $1,259.00 or throw in an extra battery for free.

Reactions: John Locke
Hi I've been reading and looking everywhere to try to decide on either spending out and getting the new Phantom 4 as my 1st ever drone, or to get the phantom 3 Advanced or Profesional with extra batteries etc.
Can any1 advise me please as I like the idea of the phantom 4 that it's harder to crash and easier to fly, but am I spending to much for my 1st drone. But what I don't want to do is get one of the phantom 3s and end up crashing it within a week or 2 and wasting all that money.
Any advise would be very much appreciated
Have you decided yet on phantom 4 or phantom 3 advance or professional? Just curious [emoji848]

I have put about half dozen flights on my p4 and I swear it flys better and smoother than ether of then p3p that I have.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik