(Newbie) New FPV Setup - did I miss anything?

Reaction score
I'm new to the board and to new to the world of Phantoms and UAVs. But as a photography enthusiast, I am excited by the possibilities of what the P2 opens up. And this board seems to have a great community of people willing to pitch in and offer advice and feedback.

I have spent many hours reading as much as I can, and watching countless how-to videos on youtube. So while this question has kind of been asked before, every solution is somewhat different. My goal is to create a rig that offers the best in terms of image quality, simplicity of setup, and some safeguard against loss of aircraft. With that in mind, I have ordered a P2, H3-2D gimbal, and GoPro and it should arrive tomorrow. That's the easy part. The FPV part is a little more involved. Here's what else I also have on order:

- Black Pearl 7" HD LCD Screen FPV Diversity Rx 5.8GHz 32CH slim design with battery
- Immersion RC 600mW 5.8GHz A/V Transmitter (IRC5.8-600MW)
- 5.8 GHz SpiroNET Omni SMA Antenna Set (RHCP)
- iOSD Mini
- DJI FPV Hub

I was hoping that I wouldn't have to solder anything (hence the Hub), but it looks like I will have to solder the transmitter since I did not go with the DJI solution. And it looks like I might need to 3D print a bracket to mount the Black Pearl monitor to the receiver.

So, will all of these components work together? Am I missing anything?

G

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers