newbie needs advice.....thanks

You mean this one?
http://www.dslrpros.com/dslrpros-produc ... l-kit.html

DSLRPros is probably not the place to shop if you aren't wanting to break the bank.
They customise DJI products and sell them for quite a lot more than the original.
The P1 on its own is quite cheap these days and has been well and truly superseded by the P2 series.
When they state the 4 easy to change batteries will give you over half an hour of flight, they are talking about 8 minutes each.

You could buy a P2+ for about the same price (after also buying the Gopro needed for the Nighthawk) and fly 24 minutes on one battery.

But to build a phantom 2 into a FPV unit like this one would cost how much.....the nighthawk is complete ready to fly FPV

johnnyp said:
But to build a phantom 2 into a FPV unit like this one would cost how much.....the nighthawk is complete ready to fly FPV

My Phantom 2 Build:
Phantom 2 w/ H3-3D = $959
GoPro 3+ Black = $300 (craigslist deals, lol)
AVL-58 = $209 (or $99 + $20 for Tx and antenna only.. don't really need receiver since Black Pearl has it built-in)
Black Pearl FPV Monitor = $229 (actually got it for around $180 from classifieds section here)
iOSD Mini = $69
FPV Hub = $14
Total comes to around $1780 (with GoPro, so $1480 without) and requires no soldering and a just a few installations under the hood.. Installed everything just plugging it in and mounted with mounting tape.

DSLRPro Build:
Phantom 1: $400
Tarot: $120
Monitor $200 (assuming it's like the BP)
OSD: $59 (its not iOSD Mini)
Case: $130
Total is $909 total guess on estimated total without the GoPro. It's close to their price so to me it seems reasonable if the stretch to the P2 is too far. Plus they test your system before sending it to you so pretty much you're all set to go when you get it in the mail. But to be honest, I've never heard of a DOA Phantom yet.. well, at least not often.

Hope that helps!

johnnyp said:

The Phantom 2+ is ready to fly FPV out of the box without any building and you can pick them up for around US$1300 with two 24 minute batteries included. That's a much better deal than paying a similar amount and getting an old P1 and a gopro.

Meta4 said:
johnnyp said:

The Phantom 2+ is ready to fly FPV out of the box without any building and you can pick them up for around US$1300 with two 24 minute batteries included. That's a much better deal than paying a similar amount and getting an old P1 and a gopro.

which site sells them with two batteries for that price?

I did hear that the price is about to drop $100 soon.

Do you think that the P2 has the same range as that P1 that DSLRpros is selling. Those 2400mAh batteries should get better than 10 minutes each.
The thing I like about the P1 is that the batteries are so cheap. I don't mind switching out batteries every 10 minutes on mine since I can buy 5 batteries for less than $100

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4