Newbie introduction and question

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I am new to the RC quad copters and I am considering the Phantom as my first quad copter. How do you all like yours and do you feel you will outgrow its capabilities? I think the Phantom is perfect for none experienced like me and I am one that likes to modify things to improve them and feel I may reach its limits fast.

fasteddie said:
Hello everyone! I am new to the RC quad copters and I am considering the Phantom as my first quad copter. How do you all like yours and do you feel you will outgrow its capabilities? I think the Phantom is perfect for none experienced like me and I am one that likes to modify things to improve them and feel I may reach its limits fast.
I have been in RC since the 70s and have never seen a more simplistic flyer than this, I may have got lucky but I put it together and started flying, no prop balancing, just used my standard GoPro mount, not the cheesy one that comes with the Phantom.

I also have never tried GPS mode because it makes me nervous it may lose satellite and then lose my Phantom so I just fly it in Atti mode which is so simple anyway. Heres my first ever flight, my only crashes were me getting a little to bold with trees since its so responsive
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s44yLl41WzM

I fly mostly in atti mode, but my kids is enjoying the GPSmode a lot, works like a charm, just make sure
that the unit has locked onto enough sat´s before you take off.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20