Newbie introduction and question

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I am new to the RC quad copters and I am considering the Phantom as my first quad copter. How do you all like yours and do you feel you will outgrow its capabilities? I think the Phantom is perfect for none experienced like me and I am one that likes to modify things to improve them and feel I may reach its limits fast.

The Phantom is a great entry into Quads - it's my first as well, and very pleased with my purchase, and now I'm hooked!

really tough call on reaching it's capabilities, as it depends on what kind of tinkerer you are.
some are content with their Phantoms, others have since upgraded to F550's, but those are 6 prop monsters compared to the Phantom.- and significantly more than an entry level copter.
if you're more of a tinkerer and enjoy building things, I'd probably lean towards recommending the F450 as a first copter. it's not nearly as attractive, but it's basically the same exact thing as a Phantom, guts and all, but with a slightly larger wing-span (or is that called Prop--span?), and you can put larger batteries and props on it.
and you can start off with a 8 channel or more transmitter and fancier battery charger than what the Phantom comes with.

but the Phantom is def a lot of fun.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers