Newbie in S. Florida struggling w/ charging.

Reaction score
I've had my P3s 2 weeks and only taken it up head level 2 or 3 times. Once I purchased it I realized how intricate these really are and refused to operate it much until I felt a bit more informed, (not about the money, more about I don't want anyone getting hurt on my account). Using simulator with the blades off only wears down battery 4 or 5%, but you aren't supposed to fly unless you have 100% charge. Ex. I flew sim last night when I began I had full battery now it is at 94% should I charge battery and rc before actually flying today or does that weaken it? I've only had it on the charger twice in two weeks.

It's OK to charge from any level and important to begin flight from fully charged state. However you may have to turn on battery before connecting to charger in some cases when it's close to 100% or it will not begin charge.

Reactions: joker'shobby
I've had my P3s 2 weeks and only taken it up head level 2 or 3 times. Once I purchased it I realized how intricate these really are and refused to operate it much until I felt a bit more informed, (not about the money, more about I don't want anyone getting hurt on my account). Using simulator with the blades off only wears down battery 4 or 5%, but you aren't supposed to fly unless you have 100% charge. Ex. I flew sim last night when I began I had full battery now it is at 94% should I charge battery and rc before actually flying today or does that weaken it? I've only had it on the charger twice in two weeks.

I don't think so. The 100% suggestion is for actual flights. I have read that the battery gauge is not reliable so I fully charge my batteries just before I fly.

Reactions: joker'shobby
It's OK to charge from any level and important to begin flight from fully charged state. However you may have to turn on battery before connecting to charger in some cases when it's close to 100% or it will not begin charge.

I did not know that. Good to learn.

I'm usually over cautious, one that thinks about the consequences, you would think that would keep me out of trouble,... nae ;)

I would like to try the follow me in Dji go app, but not sure how. It doesn't work in simulation mode. I've had a limp from a drop foot for 8 years. Surgery and brace have corrected it, but I am far from home for the next few weeks. I would like to share video of my wife and I walking limp free on the beach. Should I use a different app? P3s with Galaxy tab 4. My tab does not connect to the controller by wire, I guess I'm just supposed to use the Phantom ' s wifi? Tab 4 has a micro sd and remote has micro sd so from everything I've read, I don't need to connect them with a wire?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.