Newbie here with a very newbie question.

Reaction score
Hello. I have a newly acquired phantom 2 vision plus. I am running the dji app on a iPad mini. I go through the GPS calibration and get the green lights to blink but the satellite icon is not lit up and it shows no speed, distance, altitude, etc.

What am I doing wrong? I hate flying without the GPS as I don't want a fly away. BTW, when I let go of the sticks it hovers like it is supposed to.

Last edited:
What are you seeing on your iPad? Sounds like the P2V+ is connecting with the satellites, but the signal needs to get to the RE700 wifi repeater (the separate box attached to the metal bar on your controller) and from the that to your iPad via wifi.

I've had a lot of issues with the RE700, so that may be it.

It would be helpful to describe your startup process and tell us what you see on the screen.

BTW, welcome to the forum!

If you're seeing those things, then it seems the RE700 is working and the problem is upstream from there, inside the P2V+.

So what you're not seeing is the telemetry. The problem points to a bad cable or a bad board. Other members with P2V+ and P2Visions have had similar problems.

You can read about it here:
Telemetry problem

If it were me, I'd start with a new cable. Good luck!

Thanks, I'll look into it.

So is the GPS working and I just can't see it or nothing is working? I get the green blinking lights after calibration.

Since you're getting the green lights, it seems your Phantom's GPS is working and seeing satellites, it's just not relaying that information to you.

Any ideas on where to start? Anything to look for when i open it up?
I'm not the most technical person on this forum and hopefully someone who is will jump in here. I would look for loose wires, burnt wires, wires/cables with kinks.

I did open it up and wiggled wires and checked plugs while it was on hoping for something to light up but nothing. :(

I downloaded the dji app to my phone and it does the same thing. Any ideas on what needs to be replaced? I'm willing to spend a few bucks to fix this. I really think the info I am missing is pretty important.

Agreed. That's important telemetry info. Inside the aircraft, the information is coming from different sources and supposed to go to the transmitter that sends the signal back to the ground. I don't know the name of the piece that collects that and sends it down, but that's where I suspect the problem is.

You could try connecting with Hani at UAV Repair Shop. He used to be active on this forum (perhaps still is) and has done good work for me in the past.

Contact Us <--- Hani's website.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4