Newbie here. Gimbal gopro help please

Ash

Reaction score
Hi Guys. I am totally new to all this. Two days ago I puchased the Phantom 2 with gopro gimbal support. I am 99% happy with my purchase, however when I see comparisons between the Gopro hero and the Vision + cameras, i feel I should have gone with the Phantom vision + It seems the vision + video is smoother sharper and has better saturated colour. Could I dismiss the H33d gimbal go pro support and fit it with the vision + camera? I hope I have explained this ok. Any help please guys? Thanks to all that read.

Hi There

I am a total newbie as well. Just bought my V2+ last week and had an unfortunate crash on the weekend and broke the gimbal (Vision gimbal and Camera). Now the question that comes to my mind is do I replace the vision one at USD699 or bite the bullet and go with the Zenmuse & GoPro H3? What I would like to know is whether the GoPro is controllable from the standard DJI iPhone app for taking pictures and recording video? If not I would stay with the Vision camera and app. The downside however is that USD699 is a lot of money each time the gimbal breaks or freaks out as opposed to the separate bills for a Zenmuse and a GoPro.

memaus03 said:
Hi There

I am a total newbie as well. Just bought my V2+ last week and had an unfortunate crash on the weekend and broke the gimbal (Vision gimbal and Camera). Now the question that comes to my mind is do I replace the vision one at USD699 or bite the bullet and go with the Zenmuse & GoPro H3? What I would like to know is whether the GoPro is controllable from the standard DJI iPhone app for taking pictures and recording video? If not I would stay with the Vision camera and app. The downside however is that USD699 is a lot of money each time the gimbal breaks or freaks out as opposed to the separate bills for a Zenmuse and a GoPro.

Given the date of the OP's post I will assume it is solved now (if not OP please let me know and I will move it to the H3-3D forum rather than here.

On this matter above.... the GoPro + H3-3D is an all round much better option in my opinion. It is moveable to other platforms and you will NEVER be upset about owning a GoPro Hero 3 (or 4 now!). They have higher quality parts, better support and again you can move them around for the money to other applications whereas the Vision+ is just Phantom use only.

The DJI iPhone app won't control the Hero 3 camera but if you are flying it on a Vision with 5ghz controls (which is stock on a Vision) then you will be able to use the Hero3+ app to control the camera. It won't be as comprehensive as the the DJI app in terms of camera operation on the Phantom but it will do everything you need it to.

Thanks a lot for the response.

Does the Hero app control the Gimbal as well as give you the FPV because if using the Hero app, you cant use the DJI app at the same time.

Thanks

I like being able to use my Hero3+ also for diving, skateboarding, motorcycle rides, and what ever.

Ash said:
Hi Guys. I am totally new to all this. Two days ago I puchased the Phantom 2 with gopro gimbal support. I am 99% happy with my purchase, however when I see comparisons between the Gopro hero and the Vision + cameras, i feel I should have gone with the Phantom vision + It seems the vision + video is smoother sharper and has better saturated colour. Could I dismiss the H33d gimbal go pro support and fit it with the vision + camera? I hope I have explained this ok. Any help please guys? Thanks to all that read.

as for the saturation issues. alot of videos you see do keep in mind that they have been processed and color graded..

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik