Newbie here... ESC question

Reaction score
I apologize if I'm beating a dead horse, but I'm a newbie in need of the famous ESC topic. I have researched this forum and have seen tons of comments and posts speaking of the dreaded ESC malfunction which will bring down a Phantom. But the one thing I have not found is some sort of chart which lets a user know if they are good to go. Does anyone have a link to a topic that has the information like I'm looking for?

I have a Phantom 2 Vision Plus Version 3... what version SHOULD my ESCs be in order to keep my Phantom in the sky :)

I'm currently collecting some pictures and will be posting another topic soon with my first weekend of flying as a newbie :)

There are several existing threads on this topic. To my knowledge, at this point in time, there is no definitive, authoritative answer to your question.

In my opinion, there's a lot more FUD than fact out there.

I will only want the v2.1 ESC's in my V3. Anything other then that version, and I will not fly it until it does.

catchingchrome said:
Long story short, if you have any ESC in a version 3, don't fly it.... :)

Haha... that's what I'm finding in this forum

flyNfrank said:
I will only want the v2.1 ESC's in my V3. Anything other then that version, and I will not fly it until it does.

Opening the cover does not void warranty, correct?

Thanks for the links msinger. I've seen those... maybe not all 49 pages :eek:

I have a Phantom Vision 2 plus v3 and I fly it regulary. Last weekend i flew it into a tree and it chrased and tipped over. The chrash and tipover made no damage to the Phantom, only need of new blades.

As someone else mentioned, there are several threads on this topic allready. I used to read them, but they confuse more than good so I have stopped reading them. Instead I enjoy my v3. Keep calm and fly as normal. Dont do anything to void the warranty.

I used to read the posts on the ESC's also and agree they are just confusing with (in my opinion) a lot of false information mixed in with the good information.

I don't know if opening the case would void the warranty or not but I don't intend on opening mine until the warranty is up. I just intend to enjoy flying. If it breaks under warranty then it goes in for repair. If it is out of warranty, then I will fix it or get one of the members here that fix them to fix it. If it ultimately proves to be too unreliable, then I will get a different brand. There is plenty of competition out there.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20