Newbie help needed with Shield K1

Reaction score
Hi. Have P4 and only done three flights in total. Just purchased Shield K1 and done first flight with this, but have a couple of issues and would welcome any help or suggestions

1. When I was in flight the Shield display pixelated a couple of times for a second or two. When I downloaded the file from the P4 SD card to computer, the pixelation is not there. When I view the video on the Shield it is there. Be interested to understand what might be causing the pixelation.

2. Was within home WiFi range, but on the Shield the map was not displayed, just a white-ish background and the pointer. What have I not done to display the maps?

3. Having recorded the video onto my Shield, how do I get it off the Shield. It seems that I can share it on FB and other social media, and it also seems to upload it somewhere. I have only every used Apple devices and this is my first Android, so am having a steep learning curve.

Thanks
A

1) The pixelation is just the video downlink from the drone temporarily losing resolution due to signal interference/loss. Nothing to worry about. Happens all the time.

2) You need to sync all the maps to the device by browsing/zooming/etc the map where you'll be flying while your Shield is connected to the home wifi access point. This will cache the map on the shield. Once you disconnect from the home wifi and connect to your phantom controller, you will no longer have internet access to download the map.

3) You don't want the shield video. It's just video downlink stuff from the drone and is at FAR lower quality than the footage on your drone itself. You always want to plug in and get the video from the SD card. The downlink video is usually cached somewhere on the filesystem in a DJI folder, but I personally disabled the caching of the video though because there are very few use-cases where you'll ever want to use the lousy downlink quality video, and point #1 renders the video worthless anyway.

Hi. Have P4 and only done three flights in total. Just purchased Shield K1 and done first flight with this, but have a couple of issues and would welcome any help or suggestions

1. When I was in flight the Shield display pixelated a couple of times for a second or two. When I downloaded the file from the P4 SD card to computer, the pixelation is not there. When I view the video on the Shield it is there. Be interested to understand what might be causing the pixelation.

2. Was within home WiFi range, but on the Shield the map was not displayed, just a white-ish background and the pointer. What have I not done to display the maps?

3. Having recorded the video onto my Shield, how do I get it off the Shield. It seems that I can share it on FB and other social media, and it also seems to upload it somewhere. I have only every used Apple devices and this is my first Android, so am having a steep learning curve.

Thanks
A

1- the video on the shield is a low grade copy of the actual video on the P4's sd card so it will be pixelated at times
2 - could be a number of things even not having wifi turned on or not a good enough signal, gps not enabled... etc
3 - go to apps/ photos - top left has a drop down menu, hit devices and it will list all including the saved movie.

1) The pixelation is just the video downlink from the drone temporarily losing resolution due to signal interference/loss. Nothing to worry about. Happens all the time.

2) You need to sync all the maps to the device by browsing/zooming/etc the map where you'll be flying while your Shield is connected to the home wifi access point. This will cache the map on the shield. Once you disconnect from the home wifi and connect to your phantom controller, you will no longer have internet access to download the map.

3) You don't want the shield video. It's just video downlink stuff from the drone and is at FAR lower quality than the footage on your drone itself. You always want to plug in and get the video from the SD card. The downlink video is usually cached somewhere on the filesystem in a DJI folder, but I personally disabled the caching of the video though because there are very few use-cases where you'll ever want to use the lousy downlink quality video, and point #1 renders the video worthless anyway.

Thanks I will switch off caching and I am glad that the pixelation is nothing to worry about.
With regard to 2 - When you say I need to sync all the maps to the device, is this from within DJI Go, or do I use Google Maps. It just that when I am connected to home wifi, with Shield and P4 all connected, if I look at DJI Go maps, I don't have any detail on the maps, just the location pointer. Apologies iff I am being dumb on this issue.

Thanks

Thanks I will switch off caching and I am glad that the pixelation is nothing to worry about.
With regard to 2 - When you say I need to sync all the maps to the device, is this from within DJI Go, or do I use Google Maps. It just that when I am connected to home wifi, with Shield and P4 all connected, if I look at DJI Go maps, I don't have any detail on the maps, just the location pointer. Apologies iff I am being dumb on this issue.

Thanks
Yes you will want to connect to wifi, enter camera mode on dji go, then browse around the area you will be flying on the dgi go map which will cache the map to the device.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl