Newbie help - Need your expertise/advice

Reaction score
Hi all,

First off, appreciate anyone who is willing to help me. I recently got a Vision 2 + (my buddy gave it to me as he got the 4) and I can't get the camera to work. The issue is the remote does not have the Wifi extender (he lost it). Questions:

- Is there a way to get the camera working or connected to my phone via hardwire (mini usb cable from remote to phone)?
- If I can't do the above and spend the $100 on a wifi extender is it hard to pair with the drone (I don't have the original drone box and I've watched videos of people scanning a QR code from the original box).
- Is there any way for me to record video at this point, even without FPV, without purchasing and connecting a Wifi extender?

Many thanks and sorry if my questions are rudimentary.

Kevin

The remote usb is for connecting to a computer and the DJI Assistant software, as is the Phantoms usb slot, your gonna need the WiFi working to receive video, if your desperate to record something you could strap a small cam underneath it somewhere but it wont transmit video - just record - and if theres room for it (small cam like a Mobius Cam). I think a new WiFi extender will come with its own unique MAC address you would need to use.

Im no expert so if im wrong on any of the above im sure someone will correct me.

I've never heard of somebody "losing" the range extender. Wow.

I strongly suggest you slowly read the P2V+ manual on DJI.com at least twice from top to bottom.

I believe you can get a used range extender for around $50 on eBay. You want the RE 700. You're gonna have to get it if you want FPV and more than a few feet of range.

The following is valid for a P2V and I'm not positive it's valid for a P2V+:

The mac address you need is for the camera. I believe there is a way to get it from the camera but it's a bit involved. There is a thread somewhere on how to do it. J Dot would probably know where it is.

Otherwise, if the camera has a bar code on it, you can give the number to DJI and get the QR code sent to you.

If the camera has a record button, you can press it and it will record onto the SD card. When you land, turn the recorder off before you power down. Remove the SD card, place it in a card reader and into your desktop and watch the video.

Thank you so much - don't think the V2+ camera has a record button unless I'm missing something. And +1 on the manual.

I've never heard of somebody "losing" the range extender. Wow.

I strongly suggest you slowly read the P2V+ manual on DJI.com at least twice from top to bottom.

I believe you can get a used range extender for around $50 on eBay. You want the RE 700. You're gonna have to get it if you want FPV and more than a few feet of range.

The following is valid for a P2V and I'm not positive it's valid for a P2V+:

The mac address you need is for the camera. I believe there is a way to get it from the camera but it's a bit involved. There is a thread somewhere on how to do it. J Dot would probably know where it is.

Otherwise, if the camera has a bar code on it, you can give the number to DJI and get the QR code sent to you.

If the camera has a record button, you can press it and it will record onto the SD card. When you land, turn the recorder off before you power down. Remove the SD card, place it in a card reader and into your desktop and watch the video.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20