Newbie help...hovering issue

Reaction score
Hi. New phantom 4 pilot here. I am slowly learning. But one thing I have noticed is when I get up to about 50' or so. I let off the controls to let it hover. It will hover for a few seconds then for some reason it will either began to go straight up or coming down on its own.. it will do it for about 10-15 ' then trys to go back to original hovering point. Winds are little to none. I calabrated compass. Is this normal? Something wrong? Thanks for any input.

Hi. New phantom 4 pilot here. I am slowly learning. But one thing I have noticed is when I get up to about 50' or so. I let off the controls to let it hover. It will hover for a few seconds then for some reason it will either began to go straight up or coming down on its own.. it will do it for about 10-15 ' then trys to go back to original hovering point. Winds are little to none. I calabrated compass. Is this normal? Something wrong? Thanks for any input.
HI no not normal should hold itself when you just hover,,have a look see what sensors are doing or have look at your flight data ,,might give a clue

You need to calibrate your VPS (Visual Positioning Sensors).

[Tutorial] How to calibrate VPS sensors

Reactions: RémyHeli
VPS doesn't have any effect at 50 feet high.

I had the similar problem with mine continuing to increase altitude after I let off the stick, then settling back to the original altitude I wanted. The height reading would also be off by -50 to 100 feet when I went to land. Won't hurt to try it.

Do you by chance have a gimbal guard installed, which can cause the VPS sensors to give false readings, causing erratic behavior?

Do you by chance have a gimbal guard installed, which can cause the VPS sensors to give false readings, causing erratic behavior?

I don't use a gimbal guard. After calibrating the VPS my altitude readings were once again correct and it didn't drift up, then back down.

Thanks for the replies...I redid all calibrations and put on new props. It seems to be better.. but still does it some. I will try a different location this weekend and see if any better.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik