Newbie from Stanford, KY

Reaction score
Picked up my first "real" drone this week after playing around with the ProMark P70 VR drone from Walmart. I was going to get the 3DR Solo from Best Buy since it was only $299 but the DJI Phantom 4 was on sale for $899 and I got it instead. The sale seemed to end the next day so I'm glad I got it when I did. I can use the $300 I saved to get an Ipad mini 2. I might try my first flight this weekend. I've watched a million videos about the P4 so I don't expect any problems. If I can fly the P70 VR in the wind, I think the P4 will be a breeze. I don't have any plans for the drone, just going to play around with it and have fun.

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to Phantom Pilots! :)

Welcome to the forum! I suggest whatever you do is to read the manual carefully. You can down load the manual at dji.com. I got my P3S about 6 months ago and have came here daily. You will learn a lot of tips and tricks. And if you have any questions ask in this forum. These guys are brilliant. Nice pickup from Best Buy. Happy flying and take your time learning. It will pay off in the long run.

Welcome to the forum SSThunder .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
This bunch here are the smartest you will find anywhere :)

Thanks! I set everything up today so I'm hoping to fly tomorrow. I ended up getting an Ipad Air 2 32GB. The screen is just so much bigger than the Ipan mini. I went on Amazon tonight and ordered an extender for the remote because I want to keep the Ipad Air in a case. I also ordered a hood for the remote and legs/gimbal protector.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen