Newbie from Orlando

Reaction score
Hey guys i just bought my first Dji. Got it today in the mail. I could imagine there is tons of newbie threads but any pointer i should know or any advice will be greatly appreciated. Also anyone else flying in Orlando
06937f6ea3139050e40fd2fa7eeb73e7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Welcome to the forum.
There's loads of great info and tips in this forum.
Seek and you shall find.

I could imagine there is tons of newbie threads but any pointer i should know or any advice will be greatly appreciated.
You're right, there are numerous "any tips for a newbie" threads. A good start would be to search for those threads and read several of them. Keep in mind that many things have changed in the last year, so there are plenty of outdated threads and videos out there. Try to stick with relatively new material.

Perhaps the most asked question is if left stick fully down will stop the motors while in the air. The answer is no, left stick fully down will only stop the motors once you've landed or hand caught.

Also, left stick down is the best way to stop your motors once you've landed. Doing a CSC after landing is known to cause flip overs, but new pilots sadly still do it regularly since the manual is not clear enough. It's common to see threads asking about burned motors because someone flipped over yet again doing a CSC after landing.

This forum is very helpful, and you'll normally get a fast response to questions.
Good luck!

Do what I did and watch every you tube clip of your particular model there is to watch, you can't possibly know every question you need to ask here but by watching clips it helps you to understand the workings of your drone and questions will soon flow

Reactions: monkeychops
It is where you pull both sticks down and towards each other and totally cuts the motors, I believe it was a function put in place by DJI as a last resort before an impending crash or similar although I don't know which is worse the impending crash or the dropping out the sky? Some flyers here accidentally performed a CSC while flying, from my point of view I've never been close to a manouver that entailed both sticks to be down and towards each other, I was also of the impression DJI removed this feature in one of the updates although I could be wrong

I was also of the impression DJI removed this feature in one of the updates although I could be wrong
It has not been removed.

Here's a tip, should you choose to fly in ATTI, be sure not to forget to go back into P mode before bringing her back in. The result could be catastrophic and is something one could easily overlook.

Here's a tip, should you choose to fly in ATTI, be sure not to forget to go back into P mode before bringing her back in. The result could be catastrophic and is something one could easily overlook.

I'll prob fly in "P mode" for a while until i get the hang of it. I mean I've flown toy drones like the syma but never any Phantom drones so i know it can be tricky. But thanks for the tip

If you're looking for Florida fliers,call Elizabeth at Drone Depot (1-844-DRN-DEPO) they're in Port Orange. I bought my P3A from her (I live in Montana) and she is great.

Welcome to the forum islandboy. I am sure you will find the information discussed here useful and highly informative. This happens to also be a great platform for questions that you may have. Out of curiosity, what island are you from??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to the forum islandboy. I am sure you will find the information discussed here useful and highly informative. This happens to also be a great platform for questions that you may have. Out of curiosity, what island are you from??

Thanks im from the Virgin Islands St. Croix but ive been living in Orlando Fl for 2 years now. Cant wait to go back home next summer to get some good footage..

I am from St. Thomas and currently reside in GA. I have a couple houses in Orlando and my brother actually live in St. Cloud and fly his P3P there. Again Brother, I say welcome.

Hi Islandboy. Welcome to the forum. I am up in Clermont Florida about 25 miles from Orlando. If you run into trouble I'm here for you. I have several quads and can make repairs. I repair mostly the cameras. If you have any problems just post them on here and I will jump in along with 50 others..,.. lol

Reactions: Islandboy
I am from St. Thomas and currently reside in GA. I have a couple houses in Orlando and my brother actually live in St. Cloud and fly his P3P there. Again Brother, I say welcome.

Imagine that small world

Hi Islandboy. Welcome to the forum. I am up in Clermont Florida about 25 miles from Orlando. If you run into trouble I'm here for you. I have several quads and can make repairs. I repair mostly the cameras. If you have any problems just post them on here and I will jump in along with 50 others..,.. lol

Sweet sounds good man I appreciate it. [emoji119][emoji119]

Reactions: Droneted

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl