Newbie fpv

Reaction score
So got the phantom, 8inch monitor with tx and rx and using a gopro 2....

Tried today after maidening the phantom to fly fpv looking at the monitor but crashed twice and was having difficulty in orientation while turning quad to face me.

I fly a bit rc helis but I know only hovering and sideway hovering not nose in....thought fpving would be easy especially on a quad...

Any recommendations ?

You are very brave. I'm going to wait until I have developed my skills and have plenty of flight time under my belt before I move on to FPV with the Phantom.

In the meantime, I suggest sticking to GPS mode while you are attempting this. Good luck and let us know how it goes...

Yah,. def stick with GPS flying at first, FPV or not.

I've read that FPV is tricky at first, so just gotta practice.

also read that some guys use simulators to get the hang of it. (which even includes a RC transmitter just like the real thing)

Agree withGizmo. I practised using a Blade mQX Quad, and also the Simulator 'PhoenixRC'. And definitely appreciated the previous practising on these before getting my Phantom.

I've been practicing quadrotor flying with a UDI U816A - hopefully some of that will carry over to the Phantom so that I won't destroy it right away!

Sac D said:
I've been practicing quadrotor flying with a UDI U816A - hopefully some of that will carry over to the Phantom so that I won't destroy it right away!

If it is as sensitive as the mQX, and you have managed to control it OK, then you will find the Phantom a joy to fly. But do practise at low level and short radius till you are fully aware of the skill required, and can use that skill.

I have been fortunate so far, no crashes, just pure joy. But I do practise what I preach.

My problem is lack of funds, so a Hero or such like is not in the near future. Have tried a cheapo carcam but shake rattle and roll have spoilt the video produced.

godwisper said:
So got the phantom, 8inch monitor with tx and rx and using a gopro 2....

Tried today after maidening the phantom to fly fpv looking at the monitor but crashed twice and was having difficulty in orientation while turning quad to face me.

I fly a bit rc helis but I know only hovering and sideway hovering not nose in....thought fpving would be easy especially on a quad...

Any recommendations ?

I would not say your brave, but a fool. It is too soon to try this. Learn to fly first, and learning nose in is a must, else your always going to crash. The Phantom costs to much to just risk the crashes all the time. You cannot even fly properly, so why try fpv flying before you have learned to fly. It is not only asking for trouble is stupid and these things can either hurt you badly, or hurt someone else. Your jumping the important steps first, and won't be long before you write your Phantom off, your being so foolish, take small steps first, learn nose in, then you will not get confused with directions.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20