Newbie first crash

I have asked many times what removing the battery while it was still on, would do and nobody has given a solid answer.
This would happen when you land very hard and/or crash, so removing the battery while it is on is possible, so I would like to know what gets damaged?
The only thing I can think of is that the SMB bus that is connected to the battery could get toasted due to power/ground connection, since it is an extension of the data bus from the quads power controller.
Other than that, it is a mystery!

Good luck in getting your bird back in the sky! Very sorry to hear of your mishap! Never like to hear of these things!

We all do sometimes! Good that you didn't go through with it though as it might have been a regretful decision (crash).

Ok, Paging @msinger, I know you got the short cuts to help out @JonnyBenson, on easy tear down (top removal) on a PS3, and tools needed. It appears his system is connected, its just he needs to move the switch so that it is not stuck depressed. I got to crash (to bed).

Rod

I have asked many times what removing the battery while it was still on, would do and nobody has given a solid answer.
This would happen when you land very hard and/or crash, so removing the battery while it is on is possible, so I would like to know what gets damaged?
The only thing I can think of is that the SMB bus that is connected to the battery could get toasted due to power/ground connection, since it is an extension of the data bus from the quads power controller.
Other than that, it is a mystery!

Good luck in getting your bird back in the sky! Very sorry to hear of your mishap! Never like to hear of these things!

Thanks!

Ok, Paging @msinger, I know you got the short cuts to help out @JonnyBenson, on easy tear down (top removal) on a PS3, and tools needed. It appears his system is connected, its just he needs to move the switch so that it is not stuck depressed. I got to crash (to bed).

Rod

I may have a friend of a friend who will look at it for me whilst i'm on holiday. If this is the case hopefully i'll be back in the sky by the end of next week. If not I will probably wait until I get back and have a look myself.

You might be able to use a strong pointed object to try to move the light / button to the right spot. It is obviously jammed in the wrong place.

This video doesn't show the red wires or the switch, actually the red wire you said you could see might not be going to the switch, the good news is that the switch is not mounted to the IMU.

Still digging, I know what it is like trying to find info, when you not in your normal environment.

Added:

Last edited:
This video doesn't show the red wires or the switch, actually the red wire you said you could see might not be going to the switch, the good news is that the switch is not mounted to the IMU.

Still digging, I know what it is like trying to find info, when you not in your normal environment.

Added:

Thanks yet again for taking the time to help me.

However I have a short update.

I managed to move the link button and link the remote, but i now have another problem. Only three of the motors work :rolleyes: :( :mad:

Thanks yet again for taking the time to help me.

However I have a short update.

I managed to move the link button and link the remote, but i now have another problem. Only three of the motors work :rolleyes: :( :mad:
OMG, well, that's my luck also, hopefully you won't blame me.
I wish you were joking me, but OMG, Crap!

Rod

Well would you believe it, I've just been outside for a test flight.

I played around with the motor (wiggled it a few times), calibrated everything and now it works. Only took it up to five feet just to test it as its to windy and i'm not taking stupid risks again.

So, keep your fingers crossed for me, i will try a proper flight later this evening.

Reactions: Gutch
Great, but now suddenly it works?, kind of scary :eek:

Rod

l'd be nervous myself. The oll wiggle it works thing has got to be a short.

Reactions: LK8472
l'd be nervous myself. The oll wiggle it works thing has got to be a short.

I am VERY nervous!!

Today I will have the perfect opportunity to test the limits as I will be in miles of open space on a farm, but i'm so worried about it. The highest i've been so far is 80 m (before the crash) and i'd planned to go much more today. But i'm so scared about it dropping out of the sky from say 200, can you imagine!?

I don't have to imagine, I watched mine drop 225', It was auto landing on critical battery.
The problem was the auto landing locations elevation was 300' below my take off point.
The battery shut down 75' below my starting elevation.
Pilot error, not releasing a had wind above me and not in my favor.:rolleyes:

Rod

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20