Newbie first crash

The light IS the button -- Or, at least it is on my P3S. Get a little pencil/poker/similar object to use when connecting to the RC. It should do the trick.

Btw, I'd recommend investing in a set of prop guards while you're getting accustomed to flying. I have them on mine and they saved me from damaging my P3S when it had an altercation with a birch tree in my front yard.

Good luck!

Okay thanks, I will try again.

I admit i'm a total newbie, but i'm not completely stupid. The battery WAS clicked in properly. Contact with the house was minimal but still enough to bring it down. The fall was approx 15ft onto grass, so for sure that was probably enough.
Didn't mean to imply you're stupid. I was just looking at possible scenarios. I win the Stupid Award every day and NOBODY'S gonna take it away from me!

Okay thanks, I will try again.
Ok, here you go...
Just did this just for you, ;)

Using this size or smaller.
IMG_7465.JPG

Bird upside down and powered on.
IMG_7464.JPG

Red light solid, remote control off.
Do you have a light?

If phantom is on and the remote is off, the light should be solid red.
If the remote is on and linked the light turns green.:D
If its green, then its linked.

So when you poke the (button/light) you can feel the (button/light) depress and also hear it. Even if the Phantom is off.

Don't hold it, I don't know if that's a factor or not, its just a simple tap.

So when I poke the (button/light) and release with remote powered off, the light which should be red, starts flashing on-off red.

I don't want to go farther from here, tell I get a update from you..

Rod

Apparently or l wouldn't of asked!!

Alright, man, :)
Things get deleted, or you think you missed something, you start going back and re-read, then you do it again, then you get brave and challenge the poster. I really thought I could of missed something.

Thanks for your (reply / update). ;)

Rod

I just want to jump in here and say I am having the same problem (or at least a very similar one) I had my first crash today. After inspecting the drone, nothing seemed out of place. I tried to fly again, but I never could use my phone to control the aircraft. I have R/C control over the aircraft, but whenever I try to do the automatic take off, I get the message "Command Timeout." I have no wifi downlink as well... this could be attributed to the fact that the Flex Ribbon Cable was also torn in the crash (the gimbal does not even power up when the aircraft is powered up). As far as I know, I may have experienced the goldy-locks of crashes and my aircraft is totaled, but if anyone has any insight, I would love to hear it

Ok, here you go...

View attachment 61917

View attachment 61922

Do you have a light?

So when you poke the (button/light) you can feel the (button/light) depress and also hear it. Even if the Phantom is off.

So when I poke the (button/light) and release with remote powered off, the light which should be red, starts flashing on-off red.

Rod

Thanks for the spending the time to help man.

I've just turned it on and its flashing green and that's with the remote off.

I just want to jump in here and say I am having the same problem (or at least a very similar one) I had my first crash today. After inspecting the drone, nothing seemed out of place. I tried to fly again, but I never could use my phone to control the aircraft. I have R/C control over the aircraft, but whenever I try to do the automatic take off, I get the message "Command Timeout." I have no wifi downlink as well... this could be attributed to the fact that the Flex Ribbon Cable was also torn in the crash (the gimbal does not even power up when the aircraft is powered up). As far as I know, I may have experienced the goldy-locks of crashes and my aircraft is totaled, but if anyone has any insight, I would love to hear it

And i thought I had it bad.

Good luck!

Ok, here you go...

View attachment 61917

View attachment 61922

Do you have a light?

Rod

Do you think it's possible for the button to have moved at all? I've tried pressing it anyway and it certainly doesn't feel like a button.

Attachments

• 20160812_084436.jpg
    20160812_084436.jpg
    556.2 KB · Views: 335
I'm getting really annoyed again now!! I'm on holiday with just over two weeks of flying time left and i can't use it!!!

Just went in an online chat again with dji and they were crap today, no help at all. The guy yesterday was giving me all sorts of advice, today the woman told me to send it off straight away.

The link button looks like it may have moved because i can see two thin red wires to the one side.

Also i don't know what to do about getting it repaired, shall i take it somewhere to get it fixed on holiday, shall i wait till i get back, should i use dji or some other company? Decisions, decisions!

Kind of ruining the holiday a little. The open fields and blue skys are killing me :(

Thanks for the spending the time to help man.

I've just turned it on and its flashing green and that's with the remote off.
Wow, flashing green?, I will look in the manual.

Last edited:
The link button looks like it may have moved because i can see two thin red wires to the one side.
Yes, now your on it, I is stuck on (depressed) that has to be it., I looked at your picture twice, it has moved.

I kept thinking of what @Ohiowoodsman said about the remote was green and realized when I was doing my testing yesterday that if the remote power light is green, it knows it connected the Phantom.

The phantom is stuck in a re-link mode, etc. I should be red solid when powered on with the remote off. When I was testing,
Remote on, phantom on, both green.
Remote off, phantom red solid.
Remote on, phantom off, remote red solid.
Pressing link button on phantom, flashing red.
Crap, now it so obvious, take the top off that sucker, and fix it.
There are some instructions on here on how to do it, but your going to need those two sizes for those screws by the motor.

I was at home yesterday, with very old computer, I spent about 30 mins on that post, when I went to save it I had a script error, I kept waiting, and clicking continue script. Started shutting down all programs slowly, didn't want to loose that post, kept leaving the computer doing some choirs and would come back, and hit OK on the script errors, took about 30 mins before it took, I was stressed same as you.
:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Great, so I guess that's my flying over even before it properly started :(
Take it apart, its probably out of warranty because of the crash.
I had my P2V+, its not very hard.

Those screw sizes are on the forum also, check Phantomhelp.com, I have to leave right now.

Rod

Take it apart, its probably out of warranty because of the crash.
I had my P2V+, its not very hard.

I can't tell you how much I appreciate you trying to help me. Thank you again!

Not sure about taking it apart myself, i'm scared of messing it up even more. Even though I still have two weeks holiday left I will probably wait until I get back to get it repaired.

I kept thinking of what @Ohiowoodsman said about the remote was green and realized when I was doing my testing yesterday that if the remote power light is green, it knows it connected the Phantom.

The phantom is stuck in a re-link mode, etc. I should be red solid when powered on with the remote off. When I was testing,
Remote on, phantom on, both green.
Remote off, phantom red solid.
Remote on, phantom off, remote red solid.
Pressing link button on phantom, flashing red.
Crap, now it so obvious, take the top off that sucker, and fix it.
There are some instructions on here on how to do it, but your going to need those two sizes for those screws by the motor.

I was at home yesterday, with very old computer, I spent about 30 mins on that post, when I went to save it I had a script error, I kept waiting, and clicking continue script. Started shutting down all programs slowly, didn't want to loose that post, kept leaving the computer doing some choirs and would come back, and hit OK on the script errors, took about 30 mins before it took, I was stressed same as you.
:rolleyes:
If that's it that's some mighty fine detective work!! Makes sence

Reactions: JonnyBenson
My nearest miss was a low battery warning as I tried to land in the bed of my truck
OOOOO Big NO NO!!! Bed of truck is METAL and WILL mess up the compass!
Please don't do that??? Good that you didn't actually continue though!
Fly Safe!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers