Newbie and regulations....

Reaction score
So I just got a P3S and I'm trying to be responsible with my flight time.

I live in a very tiny town in central Florida and looked at my restricted fly area and it seems the area I want to fly is no fly because of a small local airport which is about 4 miles away. But the other big issue is a local sea plane company that takes off on a lake 2 miles away and operates no tower...

How do I handle this? Strictly hobbyist for me

So I just got a P3S and I'm trying to be responsible with my flight time.

I live in a very tiny town in central Florida and looked at my restricted fly area and it seems the area I want to fly is no fly because of a small local airport which is about 4 miles away. But the other big issue is a local sea plane company that takes off on a lake 2 miles away and operates no tower...

How do I handle this? Strictly hobbyist for me

FYI the sea plane company only takes off 3 times a day

Call the airport if you want to fly within 4 miles of them. I don't know of any limitation on non-airport flight areas. If you wanted to error on the side of caution you could call and speak to them about flying the drone.

And remember, as a hobby pilot (Part 101, FAA regs), you aren't asking the airport for permission to fly within 5 miles of them, only notifying them of you intent. A seaplane company flying off a local lake doesn't constitute an airport. You know they are there, so just keep an eye out for them and be ready to get out of their way (basic requirement when any manned aircraft in nearby).

Reactions: GhostRdrTat
Hello everyone,

I live in Sacramento California, and have been searching every where for a clear set of laws regarding the use of my new Phantom 3 in my area. I am anxious to fly, but want to be sure I'm following the laws for my city/state. I've looked at the FAA website and saw what they have, but haven't been able to find anything clear for the Sacramento area. Any help pointing me in the right direction would be much appreciated!

We don't have anything for the Sacramento area but have some info for California. We're trying to collect as many as we can. You can find what we've gathered here. Hope it helps.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20