Newbie and having camera difficulty

Reaction score
Hey guys, I got a phantom 3 pro a few weeks ago. I was flying this afternoon at the boatlaunch and the camera footage was laggy. It would skip/freeze and catch up to live footage. Trying to see what I have to do to eliminate that from happening? Thanks in advance and have a great weekend!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Your device may not be able to process your camera settings, you could try lowering to 1080 and see how that goes. You'll probably find the footage on the SD card is fine but as you say, the live footage will be struggling. I rarely go above 2.7 k and have lowered the bit rate to 4mbs so that my iPhone 6+ can keep up.

Hey guys, I got a phantom 3 pro a few weeks ago. I was flying this afternoon at the boatlaunch and the camera footage was laggy. It would skip/freeze and catch up to live footage. Trying to see what I have to do to eliminate that from happening? Thanks in advance and have a great weekend!

I see that you posted from an Apple device. If you are also using an Apple device as your FPV monitor, you can try these settings:

HOW TO: Optimize Apple device for the best DJI GO app performance

Credit: msinger

Reactions: JoBe
Thank y'all for the help. Took flight this afternoon and lowered it to even 720 and it still had a lag with it. Will have to go step by step of that link. Thank you

Not sure what iPhone you have but my 6+ has no problems keeping up (on both the PS3 and P4). Have you selected an interference free channel in image transmission settings and lowered your nitrate down to 4mbs?

I was running it on an iPad mini 2. Will be taking flight again tomorrow and will play with the channels and lower the level. Not familiar with the channel or the 4mbs.

I was running it on an iPad mini 2. Will be taking flight again tomorrow and will play with the channels and lower the level. Not familiar with the channel or the 4mbs.

The channel selection lives in the HD section of the map after you tap the top right corner of the camera screen. Have a look at any inteference shown by the red bars, select custom and pick a clean channel.
The bit rate selection lives in the video settings, most recommend dropping it down to 4mbs for processing to your phone/tablet purposes. Make sure you are fully connected to save the changes.

Greatly appreciate you explaining it for me. Thank you. Will keep posted if any trouble after tomorrow's flight

Could you also be recording on the SD card at the time as live feed? I imagine that will slow it down

Neon Euc

Now that I think about it I saw frequency bars in red. Has to be the channel.

Not sure how to do that with enable hardware decoding

Now that I think about it I saw frequency bars in red. Has to be the channel.

Not sure how to do that with enable hardware decoding

Open the Go App then under General settings you'll see u can turn on enable hardware decoding. If that is not enabled then enable it..

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan