Newbee - firmware update

Reaction score
I just got my P2V about a week ago, look to check the current version and upgrade if nessecarry, can someone point me in a direction that will help.

i have the windows software (Phantom_2_Installer_v3.2.exe not installed yet), just want to make sure that i am doing things right.

Firmware 3.0.6 Release notes:
http://www.phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=21652

Update the firmware on your Phantom:
- Visit the P2V page on dji.com
- Click on the downloads tab
- Download and install the appropriate "Phantom 2 Vision Assistant Software v3.2" for your computer system (Windows or Mac) - even if you have a previous version of the Assistant, you'll need to download the latest
- Launch the application
- Connect your Phantom to your computer via MicroUSB cable (connector on your Phantom should be under the rubber flap on the side opposite your battery)
- The Assistant application should think for a minute while it queries your Phantom and then, hopefully, report that a firmware update is available
- Simply follow the instructions/prompts to download and install the new firmware onto your Phantom
- cycle the power (turn the Phantom battery completely off, wait for a minute, then turn it on)
- you should be updated.

And depending on how old your P2V actually is (ie - how long it sat on a store shelf before you got it):
You might also want to update the firmware on your remote control (or at least double-check that it's running the latest). If you're lucky, you have one of the RCs that has a USB connector on the outside, otherwise you'll need to take apart the shell and connect to the USB connector on the main board. Again, download the latest "Phantom RC Assistant Software v1.1" application from the same page on dji.com, and follow the same process for the firmware on your RC.

And finally, you might also want to update the firmware on your camera (again, depending on how old your Phantom actually is... once you have the Assistant software up and running, it should be able to tell you what version firmware the camera is currently running... and whether you need to update):
- Download the latest "Phantom 2 Vision FC200 Firmware v1.1.9" from the same page on dji.com
- Unzip the archive on your desktop
- Insert a clean, formatted Micro-SD card into your computer
- Copy over the firmware.bin file to the card
- Insert the battery into your Phantom and power it up.
- Turn the camera off via the switch on the back.
- Insert the Micro-SD card with the firmware.bin into the camera
- Turn the camera on.
- Watch the flashing yellow LED on the camera until it turns green, indicating the update is done.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik