Newbe

Reaction score
I am super brand new. I bought a P3P and don't know anything about flying one of these. I know I went kinda big for my first real drone. I had the AR Drone when they first came out, but thats a toy compared to all that you can do with a P3P...Any suggestions?

Welcome to Phantom Pilots! :)

Download the Phantom manual from DJI's downloads page. Also, check out my list of tips here.

Nope. It's a great drone. You're going to love it :)

I don't think so. Just take it easy. Read the manual. Check the forum and take it in slow small steps.
Try to be familiar with ATT mode. If there is a compass or gps problem you may need to be able to control it unaided.
Common practice is to lift off and let it hover for a minute to make sure it's stable.
There have been a couple of occasions where I had wondering and had to be able to land it and recalibrate the compass. It's been rare with me, but it has happened.
Slow and easy. Follow the pre flight procedures and you should be fine.
It's a nice quad.

Just get out there. Find a safe place away from people and get that thing in the air. Practice, practice, then practice some more. Muscle memory is your goal. Try all the features and familiarize yourself with the DJI app. Stay far away from tree's at first until you have some of that muscle memory and don't fly if it's too windy. Don't Panic, just let go of the controls and the aircraft will hover in place (in GPS mode). That's the best advice I can give you after you do everything listed above.

I downloaded the autopilot app. Has anyone used this app at all?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

The best thing you can do is to read the manual, read it again and then study it. Get on you tube and look at the videos about your model then take baby steps learning each function. First learn about home lock and setting your home position as well as getting proper satellite lock. Calibrations are important. Educating your self is the best possible teacher. A proper pilot will learn his craft and its capabilities and all the necessary safety feature before he flies. Learn how the craft will and can return if you lose control. This is an expensive hobby and knowing all the controls and how too's is you best friend. Think of all the what if's then get your answers before you fly to help prevent loss and crashes. It's really an easy craft to fly but knowing is your Best Buy.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic