Newb

Reaction score
I'm new here. I'm saving up for a drone. I want one with a great camera, easy to fly and follow me capability. Looking to spend under a grand. Any suggestions?

You should be able to get a P3 Professional for under a grand. It is a super aircraft with a great camera. I don't think it has the follow me capability, but I'll bet 95% of the time you won't need or want it.

Last edited:
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum Sturdy Birdy. I hope that you will take advantage of the benefits that come with membership and that you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Phantom quadcopter’s.

Any of the P3 or P4 series are great choices. The Phantom 3 Standard is a great quad with a 2.7K camera and is very affordable. If you are new to UAV's it makes an excellent choice. They are running around $500. What ever DJI you buy, be sure it is from an authorized dealer as they just changed the warranty policy. To get warranty service it must have been bought from an authorized dealer.

You should be able to get a P3 Professional for under a grand. It is a super aircraft with a great camera. I don't think it has the follow me capability, but I'll be 95% of the time you won't need or want it.
All the DJI aircraft that use the Go App (P3 and P4 series) have the same capabilities aside from the cameras and LightBridge.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj