NEWB video transfer question here

Aren't those videos on the DJI Go app only in 720p? I tried viewing my videos in the app and they looked mediocre. I chalked it up to just being video that I will use to keep track of the P3 if I lose sight and to frame my shots

They are. But you can connect through your app and download the full vids by turning on and connecting your p3a.

The format of the videos isn't the problem, it's the "File System" format (ie Fat32, NTFS, exFAT). Where exFAT should be used if you're using Windows and OS X computers, as I'm sure it's compatible and readable by both operations systems.
Where is this file format system located and how do I change it?

Where is this file format system located and how do I change it?
You'd have to format the card in your computer, but that would whip the card clean. Make sure you get all the data off it prior. But I'm quite certain MAC have been able to read/write to FAT32, how old is your computer, and OS you running?

Is there a YouTube tutorial for this?
Not that I know of. But it is pretty intuitive. There is a little button at the bottom of the editor that says something like "connect to equipment to download videos". If linked to the phantom it'll import them.

You'd have to format the card in your computer, but that would whip the card clean. Make sure you get all the data off it prior. But I'm quite certain MAC have been able to read/write to FAT32, how old is your computer, and OS you running?
It's a MacBook Air 1st gen. I'm running the latest OS I believe. What format does the card need to be in? FAT32??

Not that I know of. But it is pretty intuitive. There is a little button at the bottom of the editor that says something like "connect to equipment to download videos". If linked to the phantom it'll import them.
Thanks!!

It's a MacBook Air 1st gen. I'm running the latest OS I believe. What format does the card need to be in? FAT32??
You should be able to read/write to FAT32 with your MacBook Air. Phantom can use both FAT32 and exFAT, so either file system should be readable to your computer. What type of reader are you using?

You should be able to read/write to FAT32 with your MacBook Air. Phantom can use both FAT32 and exFAT, so either file system should be readable to your computer. What type of reader are you using?
I have a regular SanDisk adapter. Is that what you're asking?

I have a regular SanDisk adapter. Is that what you're asking?
Yes, I guess we've gone a little offtopic. As the video are saved in MOV, your MAC should be able to view them without issue. Once they've been copied over. Are you able to view them on some other computer/device and see if it's consistent with the trouble you're having?

I use a Mac and it handles videos from the phantom just fine. No need to reformat the SD card. Did you copy the video to your mac before you tried to play it? IF you're trying to play it from the card, over a USB cable, it may not work at all well.

If you plug the SD card into the Mac via an adapter you should see a DCIM folder, just drill down a layer or two to the videos.

Matt

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Yes, I guess we've gone a little offtopic. As the video are saved in MOV, your MAC should be able to view them without issue. Once they've been copied over. Are you able to view them on some other computer/device and see if it's consistent with the trouble you're having?
I haven't tried to view it on another computer. I'll copy it and try to view it tonight

I use a Mac and it handles videos from the phantom just fine. No need to reformat the SD card. Did you copy the video to your mac before you tried to play it? IF you're trying to play it from the card, over a USB cable, it may not work at all well.

If you plug the SD card into the Mac via an adapter you should see a DCIM folder, just drill down a layer or two to the videos.

Matt

As soon as I plugged the adapter in, it started copying/importing the video to iPhoto. When I play it through iPhoto it's very choppy and lags

I'd guess that a first gen mac air is just not powerful enough for the video rate you recorded. You can control the quality from the DJI app, before you record. Try something lower if you don't want to get a newer computer. Tough choices though.

Island Wolf, I am pretty new to the Phantom Pro (had the 2 before this) and the issues of 4K editing also. But I will share what I have learned:

iMovie will do an "adequate" job of editing - but not in 4K! My 2008 SSD iMac won't play it, so take a step down in resolution and see if your system will play it - and use VLC! As a last resort, record in 1080p. It still looks really good, VLC will play it, and iMovie will edit it. Also record in mp4 and iMovie will import it just fine.

And for picture manipulation, Pixelmator is a great cheaper substitute for Adobe Photoshop.

Last edited:
Island Wolf, I am pretty new to the Phantom Pro and the issues of 4K editing also. But I will share what I have learned:

iMovie will do an "adequate" job of editing - but not in 4K! My 2008 SSD iMac won't play it, so take a step down in resolution and see if your system will play it - and use VLC! As a last resort, record in 1080p. It still looks really good, VLC will play it, and iMovie will edit it. Also record in mp4 and iMovie will import it just fine.
Ok I'll try that and see if it works.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj