NEWB video transfer question here

Reaction score
Hey guys. I'm brand new to flying and was recently gifted a P3A by my girlfriend. I've been looking at the Phantom for awhile and now I finally have it. Question:

What's the best way to transfer flight videos from the P3 to my MacBook? I imported my maiden flight using the supplied USB/micro cord, but when I replay the video using QuickTime, it looks jerky and not smooth at all. What is wrong?

Thanks

Question:
What's the best way to transfer flight videos from the P3 to my MacBook? I imported my maiden flight using the supplied USB/micro cord, but when I replay the video using QuickTime, it looks jerky and not smooth at all. What is wrong?
Using the cable is painfully slow.
The normal transfer method is to pull the SD card and using an adaptor, put it in your computer and copy the files.

It's a digital transfer, so the copy method shouldn't affect the quality or nature of the recording. Is the method of importing trans-coding it on the fly?

Using the cable is painfully slow.
The normal transfer method is to pull the SD card and using an adaptor, put it in your computer and copy the files.

I tried this. I pulled the card and tried to read it, but I didn't see a video on it. Is there a setting I need to change in order to record directly on to the micro SD card?

It's a digital transfer, so the copy method shouldn't affect the quality or nature of the recording. Is the method of importing trans-coding it on the fly?

I have no idea what that means. Lol. I have my flight imported completely. But when I replay it, it stutters or lags. I'm frustrated

I tried this. I pulled the card and tried to read it, but I didn't see a video on it. Is there a setting I need to change in order to record directly on to the micro SD card?
No .. that is the only place your photos and videos will be by default.
If your video stutters, it's probably your computer can't deal with the video (is it 4K?) or your video player software isn't appropriate (try VLC media player)

No it's 2.7K - I only have the P3A. I'll download a VLC player and see if that works. BTW.....
What video editing software is everyone using?

Were you able to see any contents? The imported files you've gotten were taken from the internal card, or did you transfer the videos captured by your control device? As they are different videos, and of lower quality.

Were you able to see any contents? The imported files you've gotten were taken from the internal card, or did you transfer the videos captured by your control device? As they are different videos, and of lower quality.

No, the video was downloaded via micro usb cord directly from the drone to the computer.

How do you transfer video from my tablet?

I don't recall seeing any contents on the sd card itself. Weird

No, the video was downloaded via micro usb cord directly from the drone to the computer.

How do you transfer video from my tablet?
Well that's the same files that are stored on that Micro SD card. Can only think that it is an issue with the card reader and Apple OS not being able to read the file format of the card.

They should be in your devices gallery, so whatever method you us in the past to transfer contents from your device to the computer.

I don't recall seeing any contents on the sd card itself. Weird
Sounds like the Mac cannot see the 'windows' file format of the card.

Well that's the same files that are stored on that Micro SD card. Can only think that it is an issue with the card reader and Apple OS not being able to read the file format of the card.

They should be in your devices gallery, so whatever method you us in the past to transfer contents from your device to the computer.

Sounds like the Mac cannot see the 'windows' file format of the card.

Does everyone use a Windows PC to transfer and view files?

I use Android - the app is File Manager (File transfer) - Android Apps on Google Play - I'm sure there's a similar one on iOS. This has a FTP server (Tools->PC Transfer) in it so you can just drag and drop your photos, videos and flight logs from your mobile device right onto your computer wirelessly with no fuss at all. It's free and works great. I haven't fooled around with cables or card readers for a long time.

I use Android - the app is File Manager (File transfer) - Android Apps on Google Play - I'm sure there's a similar one on iOS. This has a FTP server (Tools->PC Transfer) in it so you can just drag and drop your photos, videos and flight logs from your mobile device right onto your computer wirelessly with no fuss at all. It's free and works great. I haven't fooled around with cables or card readers for a long time.
****. I have an iPad mini 4 and a MacBook. I'm lost

Sounds to me like your comp probably just cannot handle playing video at that size. Hopefully VLC will work for you.

You asked about editing: I prefer Adobe Premier but most anything will work. There is even a simple video editor built into DJI Go that works. And with it you can import the video files wirelessly from the phantom.

Sounds to me like your comp probably just cannot handle playing video at that size. Hopefully VLC will work for you.

You asked about editing: I prefer Adobe Premier but most anything will work. There is even a simple video editor built into DJI Go that works. And with it you can import the video files wirelessly from the phantom.
Aren't those videos on the DJI Go app only in 720p? I tried viewing my videos in the app and they looked mediocre. I chalked it up to just being video that I will use to keep track of the P3 if I lose sight and to frame my shots

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers