Newb question, about battery issues

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I just purchased the Phantom and i can't wait to get it into the air. Because of the cold weather i am going to wait a few days, but I have a few questions that i haven't found answers to.

1. I know the the bottom LEDs turn red/ flash red/ something when phantom batteries are getting low. But is that the only signal? And what is the signal exactly?

2. If the phantom is to far away to see LED color signal low battery, will it automatically fly back "home" when it's batteries are low? (If in GPS mode, which i will be as a newb)

That's all for now. Thanks

Owen

MadeInMaine said:
Hey everyone,
I just purchased the Phantom and i can't wait to get it into the air. Because of the cold weather i am going to wait a few days, but I have a few questions that i haven't found answers to.

1. I know the the bottom LEDs turn red/ flash red/ something when phantom batteries are getting low. But is that the only signal? And what is the signal exactly?

At 30% of battery you will get slow flashing red more of a pulse
at 15% of battery you will get fast flashing red. Be aware this is in phantom mode.

2. If the phantom is to far away to see LED color signal low battery, will it automatically fly back "home" when it's batteries are low? (If in GPS mode, which i will be as a newb)
No it will not. That feature is only for loss of RC signal either automatically or manually driven. If you go below 15% it will start to decsend of its own accord. please see below details from manual.

(1) When battery power drops below 30% and LED indicator will blink red slowly.
(2) At lower than 15% the LED indicator will blink red rapidly, the PHANTOM 2 will also begin to descend and
land automatically. After it has landed, keep the throttle stick at its lowest point or execute CSC.
(3) There is a hidden third low battery threshold in addition to the 1st and 2nd level warnings. This uses 10.65V as its threshold.

Both this voltage threshold and the 2nd Level Low Battery Warning will trigger auto-landing.
Altitude can be maintained if necessary by pushing up on the throttle stick.

I would advise you periodically return your Phantom to your location have a quick check then back out again for a run, use a separate timer (watch - smart phone etc). If you have the P2 Vision the APP will give you details of your battery. If not you can set yourself up with an iOSD and Tx to a suitable FPV system, either goggles or screen.

Hope this helps - take your time and don't push the boundaries, its a lot of money to go buy buy or land on someones head!!

Happy flying!!

That's all for now. Thanks

Owen

MadeInMaine said:
Thank you very much,

appreciated
What part of the world are you in? I have asked because I am trying to get member's just to put where the are on their profile so that other member's have an idea who they are talking to, as the membership is world wide this is easier, just put your state or if in uk what county, you do not have to do this but it help's. Thank you very much.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic