Newb fpv help

Reaction score
hi guys first post on this forum and am getting into the world of quadcopters and fpv I have some experience with a parrot ar drone 2.0, but will be getting a dji phantom v 1.1.1 for xmas. I am looking into setting it up for fpv slight. I was looking at the black pearl monitor im a bit confused what else would I need if I bought that to get setup in fpv and what sort of range would that provide? What I need aftermarket antennas if I wanted a range of about 1500 feet? just looking for some advice on the best way to get a full setup. Many thanks guys :)

TBH I'm still pretty new to it and have taken it a little further each time. But this last weekend I took it beyond LOS (on accident) which was probably around 750 ft out and it still had a very clear picture. FPV saved me because I knew exactly where I was. Here's a video:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkIilRFs_rQ[/youtube]

Hey, I have DJI AVL58 connected to DJI FPV Hub so no soldering required then display is Feel World but everyone says Black Pearl is much better as has built in receiver. I think I need better antennas though as picture quality not great.

sorry its just all this fpv is overwhelming for me. I knwo im gonna get the black pearl so all i nwill need is an immersion 600mw tx right? and a lipo to power it? what about antennas any suggestions?

No i think i get it now thanks. Just one last thing the immersion 5.8ghz 600mw Audio / video transmitter i will need to find that right bc there is no link for that?

If you buy the phantom 2 vision + then You won't have to buy any additional equipment, you would just use your cell phone as a monitor. . When I first bought my phantom I really didn't understand how everything worked so I bought some fatshark goggles, I actually like using the stock fpv versus the fatsharks . The fpv from the fatshark seemed a little choppy and it weighed down the phantom just a little bit. an other way I did it was use my phone as the monitor but send that feed to my goggles . Does that make sense ?i had to buy additional equipment to do it that way . The advantages of doing it that way is I am using the phantoms camera for the feed instead of mounting the fatshark camera , battery and antenna .

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.