New York aerial footage

If this is you, I would highly recommend never trying that again. You are flying far too high and uncontrolled. New York is one of the hubs of the USA and the news picks up stuff there quick.

Why would I need to take this video offline? I spend lots of time on creating this video.

Why would I need to take this video offline? I spend lots of time on creating this video.
Because some major news outlet is going to stumble across it and do a story headlined "Drone flying thousands of feet in NY" and put some shame on our hobby.

The media is always looking to put a bad rep on something if it will get shares and views. Please remove it.

Reactions: JustinJames
Looks very dangerous to me, and therefore likely illegal. My opinion on the matter is that safety of people around you (and yourself) is absolutely top priority. My "scale of importance" goes something like this:
  1. Safety of yourself, the people around you, and animals
  2. Safety of property
  3. Safety of your quadcopter
Then, furthest down (and possibly not even registering on) the "important scale" we have "getting a good shot". Never ever risk 1-3 for the purposes of getting a good shot. This video pretty much does that by putting people, cars, and buildings at the mercy of your ~1KG quadcopter if it were to fall out of the sky. You must be prepared for an instantaneous transformation into a sack of potatoes. If at any time your quadcopter were to transform into a sack of potatoes, would that put anybody in danger? If so, don't even think about flying anywhere near there.

Just my opinion (and I believe similar laws regarding proximity to people are in place in the USA so please do check that out)

Reactions: JustinJames
Cant understand why people keep posting these videos ! Like they just shot a Chargeing lion saving a bunch of children from death. Its stupid to do this guy! Only thing its going to do is get you in troble and the rest of us with more laws....Please dont do this and post it Please......

Not for one second do I believe this was shot from a drone - it's an ordinary bit of editing - using stock helicopter footage and dubbed with drone noise and, voila! we have a drone video - with no other references like "this is my video" with "my drone" which are the sort of statements I'd expect to see from a proud pilot and videographer.

That said, as a drone pilot and a videographer/editor, I would remove this for all the reasons listed in the posts above. Mother Grundies who rush to the press with their scoops will not stop for a second to analyse the probable scenario which I've suggested. It represents irresponsible behaviour - which is the bottom line.

Bobbybay, you need to fess up one way or the other. Having browsed your N--- B----- channel on YouTube "your" New York drone video is totally out of character for someone fascinated by graphic animation and shape manipulation videos. With this video I suggest you give yourself and drone flying a bad name.

I think you should remove it from YouTube now.

Last edited:
Well its Jacob K. Javits Federal Building if anyone wants to investigate.

I checked YouTube for helicopter aerials of the building and found none.

:( That's quite a building to choose: "Agencies located in the building include the Department of Homeland Security, the Federal Bureau of Investigation New York City field office, the Social Security Administration, the General Services Administration, and the New York City district field office of U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). The building falls under the jurisdiction of the United States Federal Protective Service for any and all law enforcement and protection issues. (Wikipedia).

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4