New Years fireworks- anyone filming this year?

I have been experimenting with night flight and have had no issues. Turn off the front red led lights as they will cause lens flair on certain camera angles. No problem seeing my P3 as high as 400 feet with just the green leds. While I fly in my neighborhood, I actually use the streets as my guide (flight map) so as to avoid any trees or other obstructions when taking off or landing but fly above 200 to avoid anything and limit noise. For taking pictures I use the manual mode and preview my shots on the display then immediately review a few shots until I get the exposure I like given the available light and wind conditions. I seem to get the best results using a 2 or 3 second long exposure using an ISO of 100 or 400. Take a few shots and bracket your exposures since time is always against you. Although 6 and 8 second exposures are possible and extremely cool, the wind conditions become a greater factor with the longer exposure times. Sometimes it takes 4 or 5 shots to get one good picture. Images are beautiful and well worth the effort.

I did fly last night and I thought about going up for New Year's Eve but decided against it, as I remember more than once in the past years seeing or hearing a neighbor or two shooting their guns in the air. Even though shooting a gun inside city limits is highly illegal, I thought I rather not give them a target.

This was a nice combination of my yuneec q500 steady grip for ground shots and the P3A for the aerial. Fun day and night!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl