New with brushless gimbal

T0Rtur3 said:
onderwaterfoto said:
Hi there,

I also purchased this gimbal for the Phantom FC40. I will replace the FC40 camera with a gopro and i'm going to use the 2.4 boscam for FPV. What I'm really interested in is of course how to tilt the gimbal with the 7th channel on the remote. I hope somebody will post a step by step guide. I will follow this thread.

I just recently setup the tilt. I can give you a step by step maybe sometime this weekend if you haven't figured it out yet.

Hi tortur,

Please do. I have some technical knowledge but i prefer the good advies of someone who succesfully did it. So maybe post it here so it is useful for all.

onderwaterfoto said:
Hi Tortur,

I can't send you a PM, so maybe you can email me: [email protected]

Hope to hear from you.

Sorry oderwaterfoto, I've been busy with work last few days. Got flooded with projects that need to be finished, so I haven't had time to make a step by step guide. However, that link that CarlJ posted is a pretty good start. With the Walkera gimbal, you won't need to do anything to the control board, it has a housing and plugs that are accessible for both the power and the tilt. Just solder a jst connector onto the phantom aux power wires, and you have power. You can use the 2 other cables included to connect the tilt, or buy an extension or longer cable. I just cut and spliced and soldered them to make 1 long cable since you only need 1 wire for tilt. It plugs right intot he control housing, and then into your Naza. As Laganm21 mentioned in this thread, you connect the tilt to the "NAZA V2 (bottom pin on the F2 port)".

Put my FC40 camera on FY-G3 gimbal without any additional weight. Need to set pitch gain to 0 in order to get the pitch to work.

Kanok

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Controlled?

So after looking at the basic setup page and demo here:
http://www.walkera.com/en/showgoods.php?id=2577

I see this gimbal is an "auto leveler", not a tilt controlled type gimbal (one that you would use the FC40 controller rear "gimbal hole".

So, it's strictly for stabilization/leveling and not for looking up/down. Correct?

Re: Controlled?

2014fc40 said:
So after looking at the basic setup page and demo here:
http://www.walkera.com/en/showgoods.php?id=2577

I see this gimbal is an "auto leveler", not a tilt controlled type gimbal (one that you would use the FC40 controller rear "gimbal hole".

So, it's strictly for stabilization/leveling and not for looking up/down. Correct?

Tilt control works fine right out of the box, but you might want to calibrate it a bit to get more angle control. A more basic answer, yes looking up/down works with this gimbal.

Really strange, I finally got my g-2d. I tried to test it before i install it on my phantom, so i hooked a 11.1v 3s lipo to it. I saw a small spark and the gimbal is totally dead. I'm afraid I fried it. Just for me to know: I can use a 3s lipo to try it?

Hi there,

I got the g2-d gimbal and installed it and installed the lever on the back of the tx. I connected the pit cable (white) to the lower ping on the F2 port of the naza. But the gimbal does not tilt when i move the lever. I enabled the gimbal in the naza software.

Any thoughts?

What am i missing?

onderwaterfoto said:
Hi there,

I got the g2-d gimbal and installed it and installed the lever on the back of the tx. I connected the pit cable (white) to the lower ping on the F2 port of the naza. But the gimbal does not tilt when i move the lever. I enabled the gimbal in the naza software.

Any thoughts?

What am i missing?

Only a single wire for tilt control? Anyway, in the comment section of this youtube video the author says he had to calibrate his X1 in the Naza Asst software before he could get his gimbal to tilt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAaVhRvgKe0#t=225

AsstSoftwareX1_zps60a6d066.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1