New with brushless gimbal

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I am quite new in flying with a dji phantom fc40 and would like some info.

Can anyone tell me if I can use mine fc40 stock cam on a brushless gimbal bought on ebay or do I have to strap my cam on a block of wood the same weight as a gopro.

Many thanks for a reply.
Luc

DJI PHANTOM FC40, HUBSAN X4 V2, CARSON RAPTOR 1:8 NITRO

I'm still waiting for my gimbal to arrive, but from what I've seen, people use different things to just add a little weight to get close to a gopro's weight. It doesn't have to be exact.

T0Rtur3 said:
I went with the Walkera G-2D Brushless Gimbal.

I have one of those coming - can you power it off the main battery's balance lead?

That's what I like about my eBay gimbal

rustysd said:
T0Rtur3 said:
I went with the Walkera G-2D Brushless Gimbal.

I have one of those coming - can you power it off the main battery's balance lead?

That's what I like about my eBay gimbal

Yes, you can. It comes with a JST lead, so you can either solder JST connector to your aux power, or just splice the gimbal lead and solder them together.

This guy does a pretty good review for the Walkera G-2D Brushless Gimbal:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAaVhRvgKe0

DJI Phantom Brushless Gimbal Camera Mount w/ Motor & Controller for Gopro3 FPV Aerial Photography Blalck
Description:
DJI Phantom Brushless Gimbal Camera Mount w/ Motor & Controller for Gopro3 FPV Aerial Photography

Features:
- Simple structure and light weight,CNC aluminum alloy structure
- Brushless motor direct drive
- With anti-vibration rubber balls,easy to adjust
- Compatible with Gopro 3,2,1
- with 2pcs 2208 motors and V3 gimbal controller,sensor
- with motor protector which can help heat dissipation
- 230/300gram with/without Gopro hero 3

Package included:
- 1 x Aluminum gimbal installed 2 motors
- 1 x BGC3.1 Gimbal controller
- 1 x 6axis GY521 Sensor
- Wiring

DJI PHANTOM FC40, HUBSAN X4 V2, CARSON RAPTOR 1:8 NITRO

I got the Walkera g-2d gimbal on my FC40 as well, but i have having a hard time getting the pitch to work. I have the gimbal in the NAZA software turned on , I have the white wire (signal) form the NAZA F2 port (Bottom) and the White wire on the gimbal controller on the pit port (top) and i still can not get the pitch to work , do you have any idea how to make it work .

laganm21 said:
I got the Walkera g-2d gimbal on my FC40 as well, but i have having a hard time getting the pitch to work. I have the gimbal in the NAZA software turned on , I have the white wire (signal) form the NAZA F2 port (Bottom) and the White wire on the gimbal controller on the pit port (top) and i still can not get the pitch to work , do you have any idea how to make it work .

STILL waiting on my gimbal to arrive. Should be here tomorrow, so hopefully we can tackle it together and get it working. I already have my 7th channel level installed on my transmitter.

STILL waiting on my gimbal to arrive. Should be here tomorrow, so hopefully we can tackle it together and get it working. I already have my 7th channel level installed on my transmitter.[/quote]

Great I hope we can get this sorted out, So far the gimbal is working really good , I hard wired it to the Aux leads on the phantom , I already did the Walkera pro Z-14 5200mah battery mod so with the gimbal and gopro i getting about 16min

laganm21 said:
STILL waiting on my gimbal to arrive. Should be here tomorrow, so hopefully we can tackle it together and get it working. I already have my 7th channel level installed on my transmitter.

Great I hope we can get this sorted out I have the 7th channel lever install to , So far the gimbal is working really good , I hard wired it to the Aux leads on the phantom , I already did the Walkera pro Z-14 5200mah battery mod so with the gimbal and gopro i getting about 16min[/quote]

Ok i got the tilt problem figured out . The only wire you need is the signal wire from the NAZA V2 (bottom pin on the F2 port) and it goes to the PIT port on the gimbal controller, so if you have it mounted to the phantom it will be the first pin towards the front of the phantom in the PIT bank (three pins) , once that's hooked up you will need to center the DJI controller 7th channel in the naza software to zero, turn the gimbal on in the naza software as well, and the gains set to zero, than it will work but you still have to set
the endpoints on the gimbal controller. I'm still working on that now ( you have to put the gimbal into its setting mode using the FN button and follow the lights to set it up. I will let you know once its all trimmed out

laganm21 said:
Ok i got the tilt problem figured out . The only wire you need is the signal wire from the NAZA V2 (bottom pin on the F2 port) and it goes to the PIT port on the gimbal controller, so if you have it mounted to the phantom it will be the first pin towards the front of the phantom in the PIT bank (three pins) , once that's hooked up you will need to center the DJI controller 7th channel in the naza software to zero, turn the gimbal on in the naza software as well, and the gains set to zero, than it will work but you still have to set
the endpoints on the gimbal controller. I'm still working on that now ( you have to put the gimbal into its setting mode using the FN button and follow the lights to set it up. I will let you know once its all trimmed out

Cool, thanks for the update! Tracking info on my gimbal says out for delivery, so hopefully in the next hour or so I'll have it in hand.

Hi there,

I also purchased this gimbal for the Phantom FC40. I will replace the FC40 camera with a gopro and i'm going to use the 2.4 boscam for FPV. What I'm really interested in is of course how to tilt the gimbal with the 7th channel on the remote. I hope somebody will post a step by step guide. I will follow this thread.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPaIFZFije8[/youtube]

onderwaterfoto said:
Hi there,

I also purchased this gimbal for the Phantom FC40. I will replace the FC40 camera with a gopro and i'm going to use the 2.4 boscam for FPV. What I'm really interested in is of course how to tilt the gimbal with the 7th channel on the remote. I hope somebody will post a step by step guide. I will follow this thread.

I just recently setup the tilt. I can give you a step by step maybe sometime this weekend if you haven't figured it out yet.

laganm21 said:

I don't have your gimbal, but it sounds like you have it wired right. Have you enabled gimbal control in the assistant software for the FC40, and have you updated to the latest firmware for your gimbal?

Also are you using the stock tx?

CarlJ said:
laganm21 said:

I don't have your gimbal, but it sounds like you have it wired right. Have you enabled gimbal control in the assistant software for the FC40, and have you updated to the latest firmware for your gimbal?

Yes, you have to enable gimbal control in the assistant software. I also played around with the gains for the gimbal in the naza software. I'm using stock firmware for both quad and gimbal.

Hi guys I am waiting for mine too bought off aliexpress for £58 but think I have got a couple of weeks to wait, but have bought a jst plug cable to connect the power and a receiver extension lead to plug into the naza receiver for the tilt function and also fitted the tilt lever kit to the transmitter and checked the function on the dji assistant software.

T0Rtur3 said:
CarlJ said:
laganm21 said:

Yes, you have to enable gimbal control in the assistant software. I also played around with the gains for the gimbal in the naza software. I'm using stock firmware for both quad and gimbal.

You may also need to calibrate the gimbal control lever in the assistant software.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.