New Washington DC flight restriction???

Reaction score
I live literally one block outside of the 12 mile no-fly restriction.
As soon as I get my P4 off ground I have to fly west. One block east of my house is where the boundary of the no-fly zone. Unlike some of restricted areas where we can simply turn off the GPS-Restiction option in the DJI Go app, this restriction wouldn't even let P4 spin up if I were to power up one block east of my house.

About two/three days ago, another red-circle appeared out of nowhere, with its center being in Washington DC. And this one seems to be little more north and wider than 12-mile radius than DC restriction.
DJI Go app shows with slightly lighter shade of red.
When I try to power my P4 from my house, the app returns "Flight restriction: the aircraft is in restricted area due to Nuclear Powerplant". There are no Nuke Powerplants in Wash DC.
I now have to drive about a mile west of my house in order to be able to spin up the bird. WTH??

Anybody heard anything like this in DC area?

I live literally one block outside of the 12 mile no-fly restriction.
As soon as I get my P4 off ground I have to fly west. One block east of my house is where the boundary of the no-fly zone. Unlike some of restricted areas where we can simply turn off the GPS-Restiction option in the DJI Go app, this restriction wouldn't even let P4 spin up if I were to power up one block east of my house.

About two/three days ago, another red-circle appeared out of nowhere, with its center being in Washington DC. And this one seems to be little more north and wider than 12-mile radius than DC restriction.
DJI Go app shows with slightly lighter shade of red.
When I try to power my P4 from my house, the app returns "Flight restriction: the aircraft is in restricted area due to Nuclear Powerplant". There are no Nuke Powerplants in Wash DC.
I now have to drive about a mile west of my house in order to be able to spin up the bird. WTH??

Anybody heard anything like this in DC area?
Check tfr.faa.gov

I should add we check that site before we fly every time. It can change with out notice.

None listed there and there are no nuclear power plants in Washington DC.
There can't be a nuclear power plants next to White House.

caa82fec4cc9d9432e801c2ce18be5b8_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

My first post! I live in DC, about 1 mile from the WH. I wont even try to start up there. Fortunately, I come to Europe every summer, and can fly from here. I am fairly sure there are nuclear plants in DC. Perhaps not power plants. There are plants at various hospitals, research facilities, and government agencies. It's a fact of modern life. Fortunately (I think), the city is pocketed with various detection technologies..

My first post! I live in DC, about 1 mile from the WH. I wont even try to start up there. Fortunately, I come to Europe every summer, and can fly from here. I am fairly sure there are nuclear plants in DC. Perhaps not power plants. There are plants at various hospitals, research facilities, and government agencies. It's a fact of modern life. Fortunately (I think), the city is pocketed with various detection technologies..

I'm not aware of any nuclear power plants in the nation's capital.
Hospital radiation machines and such don't count as power generation plants.
I'm completely stomped on this new restriction in DJI's database.
FAA's "B4YouFly" app doesn't show this restriction at all either... ;-(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31