NEW Vision + V3.0 Tech Questions

Reaction score
I am new to the quad copters and purchased a phantom 2 Vision +. I received my first one last week and it literally lasted 20 seconds before it burnt up a ESC (electronic speed control). So the distributor has been great and agreed to send me a brand new one. Well the second one arrived today and it lasted a whole 60 seconds before it started smoking out one of the arms.

So at this point I am pretty upset. I called the dealer and he truly is a helpful guy. He offered to replace to ESC for free. I need to send it back to him and he is fixing it. He's also calling DJI and they aren't helping him. The problem I have is I feel like I have purchased the biggest piece of crap going. Now I'm scared to even turn the next one on. If they burn up for nothing what if I don't land it perfect and the props hit the ground? Will that burn it up too?

I am a newbie to this and now have a feeling that I have a $1400 paper weight that will always be broken down.

Are these durable units? If props run on the ground should I expect to burn stuff out?

I am frightened to even try and fly it at this point. Please help me out.

Didn't you already create another thread about this?

Other than you, I haven't heard of smoke billowing out of arms like you speak of. It seems like you got a couple of unlucky duds.

Yes I did afte the first one burnt. Now this is number two. Don't mind me if I am little upset right now. I feel I just waisted $1400 on something that will never be reliable enough to use.

I am hoping I can use this thread to somehow fill me in as to what I should expect from these units.

The dealer I purchased it from has been great. Super really.

I really want to know if these things should burn up if the props hit something and stop turning? I am new to flying these and I know I am going to have a few bad landings.

My dealer told me the last batch he recieved he has had 7 returned with the same issues. The ESC burns up. He isn't sure why and DJI isn't helping him out.

Quite honestly I just want something they works at this point.

Same here, my new one has been flying quite nicely, no smoke. I'm also on a number of other forums and such for the Phantom and can say that I've not seen anyone else report this problem. Hopefully if there is a bad batch out there they find and fix them quickly.

Bummer about your Phantoms but speaking true, I think they are great machines and you will enjoy yours.

I am looking forward to working with this product. But I am also scared as hell to fly it right now.

I am not giving up. I just hope DJI doesn't give up on us customers.

I think the issue with DJI is they only seem to be able to focus on problems that everyone has, not those that some people have. I have 2 problems that a small group of owners share. I brought them to the DJI support team and they never figured out a solution. They asked for some information about the problems and then they sent out a survey. No solution. DJI built quite an intelligent aircraft, unfortunately the support teams intelligence is much less.

SEE IN CAPITALS WITH IN THE QUOTE THE ANSWERS TO YOU QUESTIONS

jonas111 said:
I am new to the quad copters and purchased a phantom 2 Vision +. I received my first one last week and it literally lasted 20 seconds before it burnt up a ESC (electronic speed control). So the distributor has been great and agreed to send me a brand new one. Well the second one arrived today and it lasted a whole 60 seconds before it started smoking out one of the arms.

So at this point I am pretty upset. I called the dealer and he truly is a helpful guy. He offered to replace to ESC for free. I need to send it back to him and he is fixing it. He's also calling DJI and they aren't helping him. The problem I have is I feel like I have purchased the biggest piece of crap going. Now I'm scared to even turn the next one on. If they burn up for nothing what if I don't land it perfect and the props hit the ground? Will that burn it up too?

I am a newbie to this and now have a feeling that I have a $1400 paper weight that will always be broken down.

Are these durable units?
YES THE ARE QUITE DURABLE.
NONETHELESS BE CAREFULL WITH THE GIMBAL AS THAT IS DELICAL EQUIPENT BY NATURE.

If props run on the ground should I expect to burn stuff out?
NO, JUST DON'T WAIT UNNECESSERY STPPING YOUR MOTOR. IF YOU WOULD WAIT TO LONG THEY MIGHT SART TO BURN.

DON'T WORRY, JUST READ THE MANUAL CAREFYLLY (TWICE), PRACTICE IN UN OPEN AREA (GPS MODE FIRST), USE YOUR STICKS/CONTROLLES GENTLY, AND CONSIDER USING PROP-GARDS DURING FIRST 10+ FLIGHTS.

HAPPY FLYING
REGARDS FA

Thank you very much for this. I really needed to hear something good.

The dealer is going to install prop guards for me and I couldn't be happier about that.

Thanks for taking the time to send me that message.

aartsf said:
SEE IN CAPITALS WITH IN THE QUOTE THE ANSWERS TO YOU QUESTIONS

jonas111 said:

Are these durable units?
YES THE ARE QUITE DURABLE.
NONETHELESS BE CAREFULL WITH THE GIMBAL AS THAT IS DELICAL EQUIPENT BY NATURE.

If props run on the ground should I expect to burn stuff out?
NO, JUST DON'T WAIT UNNECESSERY STPPING YOUR MOTOR. IF YOU WOULD WAIT TO LONG THEY MIGHT SART TO BURN.

DON'T WORRY, JUST READ THE MANUAL CAREFYLLY (TWICE), PRACTICE IN UN OPEN AREA (GPS MODE FIRST), USE YOUR STICKS/CONTROLLES GENTLY, AND CONSIDER USING PROP-GARDS DURING FIRST 10+ FLIGHTS.

HAPPY FLYING
REGARDS FA

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4