New [Vision Plus] android app

Kaehn said:
Hi StevenQX, there is a confirmation dialog, so you don't need to worry about clicking by mistake!
Perfect kaehn hope tomorrow the weather will be as it should to test your awesome app!

Version 1.0.11 changes:
- fixed issue where if you disconnected and then reconnected by clicking the top button, the sdk wouldn't be able to retrieve camera settings from the aircraft (thank you SDK)
- more detailed info will show up on the top button to report on what the app is doing in the background (checking permissions, enabling wifi, scanning wifi, connecting, etc.)

I just tried your app briefly for the 1st time about 30 mins ago. It took me for ever to get to the point of being able to test it. Little of it had to do with your end. It was mostly getting the app down loaded on the device I want to use. Anyway since I did spend a lot of time with it I can only think of 3-4 things that come to mind. 1st other then what you just mention about the connection issue top center of the app, the rest is pretty decent. Of coarse the most unique part of the app is the camera selection area. I did search for some enhancements but was unable to locate any. The biggest let down for me was no flight logger whatsoever. Based on it's current state as a comparison, with no flight logger, no power increase from transmitter, no power increase from range extender, no power increase from the quad itself.....would probably keep me from being a regular user of the app. I'm sure you more then likely are far from being finished and additional plans. So far you have a nice foundation started. Good luck with it!

Great app. Gui is the best I've seen and there are some unique features. With ground station and follow me mode this will be The app to fly.

I was forgetting, if is possible to add an option to disable gimbal control touching the screen...for who like me that like to use the lever on the tx is not useful and sometimes happens that I involuntary move the gimbal while want only to change some options. Thanks kaehn

"The biggest let down for me was no flight logger whatsoever. Based on it's current state as a comparison, with no flight logger, no power increase from transmitter, no power increase from range extender, no power increase from the quad itself.....would probably keep me from being a regular user of the app. I'm sure you more then likely are far from being finished and additional plans. So far you have a nice foundation started. Good luck with it!"

+1

A flight logger is defintely on the todo list, as is a way to disable gimbal controls and many other features.
I will keep adding features as fast as humanly possible! Thanks for testing it!

Version 1.0.12 changes:
- Main Controller state (altitude, distance, speed, etc.) now updates faster, resulting in improved user experience
- added setting to enable/disable gimbal gesture controls
- added nofly zones warnings
- low battery warnings more obvious and their warning sound is now played at max volume
- google play services updated to 7.0.0
- better detection between vision plus with original camera vs gopro
- fixed issue with range extender battery display on large screens

Ground station coming soon!

Attachments

• gs_map.jpg
    gs_map.jpg
    276.4 KB · Views: 244
  • gs_waypoints_settings.jpg
    gs_waypoints_settings.jpg
    225.1 KB · Views: 305
Kaehn said:
Hi,

I recently started developing an application to improve on the DJI vision app. This app is based on the DJI SDK and will be released on Android in the weeks ahead. I am currently looking for beta testers, if you're interested in testing the app, please join the google group at https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/vctechplus. Then, follow this link to become a tester and you will be able to download the app on the play store for free.
The app currently has most features you can already find in the DJI vision app, except ground station and camera settings which will both come in the near-future.
Once these are done, I will be continuing the work I initially started on a follow-me feature using a combination of GPS data and computer vision. I successfully decoded the video stream, and started implementing object tracking using established computer vision algorithms.

Your Google Play link ssems to be dead.

acenothing said:
Kaehn said:
Hi,

I recently started developing an application to improve on the DJI vision app. This app is based on the DJI SDK and will be released on Android in the weeks ahead. I am currently looking for beta testers, if you're interested in testing the app, please join the google group at https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/vctechplus. Then, follow this link to become a tester and you will be able to download the app on the play store for free.
The app currently has most features you can already find in the DJI vision app, except ground station and camera settings which will both come in the near-future.
Once these are done, I will be continuing the work I initially started on a follow-me feature using a combination of GPS data and computer vision. I successfully decoded the video stream, and started implementing object tracking using established computer vision algorithms.

I just tried it and it took be the the beta test acknowledge to download.

acenothing said:
Kaehn said:
Hi,

You need to join the group

If all goes well, we are expecting the first release to go out today or tomorrow, stay tuned!

Reactions: StevenQX
Hi,

Here are some screenshots taken from the app recently.
Hello. I just got the app. I did not found the free version so I bought it from google play.

Hi,

Cant seem to get it to connect.... It asks if I want to connect, as soon as I say OK, It goes right back to disconnect state... Samsung Galaxy S3 7" Android 4.4.2

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1