New [Vision Plus] android app

Reaction score
Hi,

I recently started developing an application to improve on the DJI vision app. This app is based on the DJI SDK and will be released on Android in the weeks ahead. I am currently looking for beta testers, if you're interested in testing the app, please join the google group at https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/vctechplus. Then, follow this link to become a tester and you will be able to download the app on the play store for free.
The app currently has most features you can already find in the DJI vision app, except ground station and camera settings which will both come in the near-future.
Once these are done, I will be continuing the work I initially started on a follow-me feature using a combination of GPS data and computer vision. I successfully decoded the video stream, and started implementing object tracking using established computer vision algorithms.

Here are some screenshots taken from the app recently.

Attachments

• cam.jpg
    cam.jpg
    303.6 KB · Views: 1,090
  • map.jpg
    map.jpg
    385.8 KB · Views: 1,173
Does it work on vision (non plus) also?

Really cool if you'll be able to do what everyone else hasn't (follow me features) good luck, I'm in the group. [emoji5]

Allram said:
Does it work on vision (non plus) also?
As far as I know the SDK mainly supports the vision +, but since both are quite similar, it might work I can't confirm until somebody tests it for me!

clicked the link to join beta testing. - I have a P2VP with a gopro3+

"Sorry - nothing to see here.

There may be several reasons:
The app you’re looking for doesn't exist
or
the app developer is not currently running a test
or
you are not eligible to participate in the testing program.

If you received the link to this page from someone, we recommend you contact them for more information."

Got the app, and will test it with my Phantom 2 Vision soon.

EDIT.
I thought I had the app, but for some reason it does not want to download from Google play...

Screenshot_2015-03-10-07-47-18.png

Will keep trying..

The app was only published yesterday, so you may have to wait a bit for it to be available in your country. Let me know if the problem persists.
@lsteigerwalt the gimbal tilt is not yet implemented, but will be soon along with camera settings.

Looks like your app is "kind of" working on the Phantom 2 vision.
Some things like "wifi range extender" (showing N/A) and TX power are not shown!

Will test a bit more later this week.

app-and-wifi-range-extender.jpg

Noël said:
Looks like your app is "kind of" working on the Phantom 2 vision.
Some things like "wifi range extender" (showing N/A) and TX power are not shown!

Will test a bit more later this week.

Good to know it works with the vision too! I will investigate on the range extender power level missing.
Also recently published a new update.

Main changes :

-added more devices to the compatibility list (tablets)
-added preliminary gimbal controls

Changelog for version 1.0.6:
- the app will no longer try to connect automatically on startup
- to connect to the phantom, you now need to use the top connection button, this allows you to start the app while being connected to internet so you can cache maps before taking off if you wish to do so
- the connection button will take care of everything for you including enabling wifi, connecting to the phantom's wifi, and initializing the phantom connection and the video stream
- flight status reporting should be more accurate

You can now follow us on Facebook and Twitter
Happy flying phantom pilots!

Camera settings are coming along.. be sure to test the app and report any issues on the google group!

Attachments

• camset.jpg
    camset.jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 406
Hello all,

I’ve just released a new version (1.0.7) of the Vision Plus app, make sure to give it a try and report any issues or suggestions! If you have not joined beta testing yet, join the google group, then become a beta tester by following this link.

Features include:

The app will detect your phantom wifi and automatically connect to it
Autorecord option
All Camera settings
New Higher Resolution Photo size (“Largest”) 4608x3456
New contrast camera setting
You can take photos while recording
Gesture based Gimbal pitch control (touch down and then scroll up or down)
Low battery warning sound

When first starting the app, make sure you are connected to internet in order to validate the SDK with DJI servers. Then restart the app and hit the top red button to connect to your drone!

I have exciting features in the works, ground station should be up for testing very soon. Stay tuned!

Attachments

• camera settings.jpg
    camera settings.jpg
    350.3 KB · Views: 471
  • gimbal control.jpg
    gimbal control.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 432
  • general settings.jpg
    general settings.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 508
Joined up looking forward to testing , think I have bought every app out for the Vision+ on Android and iOS lol

I really, really like the design, way better than other apps I'm testing.
I don't know why the maps don't download when I'm connected to the Phantom wifi - it should still use the LTE connection on my phone for internet related stuff. Anyone?

Gimbal control doesn't really work for me. When I put my finger on the screen and drag down the gimbal does nothing until I get to almost the bottom of the screen and then the camera goes all the way down with max speed, sometimes I can make it slower, but there is no logic to how it happens. After releasing the screen the camera returns to default position instead of staying in place.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4