New Vision - bad camera/lens

Reaction score
I just received my new Vision 2 last week, and while it appears to be a fantastic platform, unfortunately I seem to be the lucky recipient of a bad one. Flight is great, had no problems whatsoever on the dozen or so sorties so far, however the issue is with the camera. There is definite softness (I would go so far as out of focus) on the left quarter of all images (still or video). I noticed it immediately. The rest of the image is great, but once you get to the left 1/4 of the image, there is a definite and noticeable loss of sharpness. I did a good amount of testing and concluded that it needed to go back. I bought it from Amazon who as usual, was great about the return. They immediately issued the RMA and put in a replacement order with next day delivery. Unfortunately, they did not have another in stock, and couldn't give me any estimate as to when they would. So I opted for the refund and ordered from another seller (through Amazon) - Empire RC, who is also an authorized DJI dealer. So that's probably better in the long run anyway. Hopefully I'll see it in the next week, as I'm anxious to get back up.

I'm also really interested in a vision compatible gimbal, and am keeping my eye on the option from DronExpert.nl (thought I'm concerned about the apparent wifi antenna obstruction, but that's for another thread)

*Edit* I guess I should have done a search, as it appears that this is a semi-common issue. It also appears that eRC has worked on resolving it for others, and that a new "batch" of cameras are coming in early Jan. I may send eRC an email asking if I should wait...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub