New Vision app update available on Android...

Reaction score
...but not via Play Store yet.

In the app if you go to Settings > About > Check New Version then it will offer you a direct download of teh .apk from DJI servers. If you have allowed your phone to open non-store .apk's then it will download for you.

EDIT: Just gone live on Play Store now - confirms Google Map fix, invalid battery alert fix plus "fix some bug on android pad". I assume they mean more android tablet support?

I've installed it (not linked to my Vision, though) and can see that the Find My Vision now does work on Android, with a Google map. I suspect they hired some Ozzie app developers because it thinks the last place I left my Vision was outside the Town Hall in Sydney, Australia!

Can't see any other changes but as I said I'm not linked to my aircraft and I assume it's to do with the invalid battery warning alerts.

Well, it sure uses Google maps now. It doesn't have the map / satellite option that the ios version has though.
So, as you say, it thinks the P2V is in Sydney. Tap the home icon, and it correctly located me using the phone gps...

Take the P2V for a flight... Check again.. It still says I'm in Scotland and the P2V is in Sydney. So -- either dramatic range - or the app isn't working... Anyone else tried it?

My Android app just updated to 1.0.34. Fix list says Google maps should now work. I've just loaded up the Find my Phantom part of the app (my Vision is tucked away in its case, not switched on) and I get a Google Map that shows exactly where it was when I switched it off after my last flight, rather than Sydney Town Hall...

Whatever happened to the updated iPhone app??? :( :( :(

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie