Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

New Vision app for Android released

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision Discussion' started by Pull_Up, Apr 22, 2014.

1. Pull_Up

1.40 now available on the Play Store. Claims to have fixed video glitches.

Weather isn't flyable here, anyone else care to test and see if it solves the issues?

2. delta7

Damnit! Was really hoping this was going to be the waypoint release :(

3. Seahorse

That's the P2V+ forum and clearly I never read it due to a mixture of rage/jealousy/loyalty/disinterest depending on how I feel about my 3-month old P2V at the time... :lol:

4. 007trains

I'll test it tomorrow properly but just fiddling with it inside i was able to run 640x480 @30fps without any issues and video seems alot more responsive than before. Looks very promising

5. JimDE

Oh h---no!!!!!! No chance in h---! Nope! No way!!!! Venture forward ole early adopters.... I have been burned too many time with DJI firmware/software updates by being one of the early ones to click install. Never, never again.......I'll wait a year or two! I am happy as a pig in poop with 1.38 and ver 1.08 assistant .... Not changing

6. Pull_Up

Didn't know that forum existed! Bless me and my little blinkered Vision world... ;) Although I'm going to be expanding it a little soon, as subscribers to my YouTube channel will know. Which reminds me, I must go and venture into another sub-forum shortly.

To be fair, given the number of sub-forums on here and my two week holiday's worth of catch up reading you're lucky I was only 26 minutes late and not about 3 weeks...

I think I'm going to have to cut my losses and just mark lots as "read" without actually reading it and put up with a few days of being called out on repeats and "already answered that 3 pages back" stuff. :roll:

7. Pull_Up

I've had a few comments on my YouTube channel from users saying this does indeed fix the video issue - 640 is now clean at 30fps...

8. gunslinger

gunslinger Moderator
    Staff Member

Excellent... I'm going to upgrade when I get home and take her for a spin. I'll report back.

BTW... I've been toying with the idea of building a 450. I'm going to let you get a decent head start so I can learn from your mistakes. :D Did you see the thread by the forum member who teaches soldering? It's great to have so many different kinds of resources available. I can solder, but I've never attempted to solder anything expensive... I'm sure I can learn a bunch from him and he seems very eager to help out... :) (are you really going to solder, or are you going to leave that to Tom?) :lol: :lol: :lol:

-slinger

9. Pull_Up

Tom'll be on camera duty, I'll be soldering. :shock:

10. grochester

Think I'll give it a week or two to shake the bugs out. Seem to have some trust issues with DJ I. :?

11. gunslinger

gunslinger Moderator
    Staff Member

There's a lotta that going around... :eek: :shock: :(

I was able to update my Nexus 7 to V 1.0.40 and took her up for a test run. The wind was gusting to just above 30 MPH and swirling, so I didn't go very far, or very high. I had her out to just over 250 feet at 50 feet elevation and at 64x480 @ 30FPS I had absolutely no video problems. It actually looked pretty fluid. At this point I'm fully updated and, though it wasn't a long flight, all seems okay... :)

-slinger

12. grochester

You're a brave man gunslinger. No one can ever accuse you of being all hat, no cowboy. :lol: