New Video with Phantom Vision 2+ in ICELAND

Really impressive. Beautiful country. I would have never guessed this came from the P2V+. Very nice editing job too.

Absolutely fabulous video. One of the best I've seen! Congratulations.

Brilliant video, and such bravery flying while shielded from GPS by canyons! Hope the crash didn't hurt your P2V+.

EyesofCanadaGoose said:
Very impressive! I bet you miss having your D800 on board of UAV. ;) Just imagine the possibilities...

Yeah no kidding! That would be a whole new ballgame. I won't hold my breath for the D800 model.

Thanks for the comments!

wattage said:
Brilliant video, and such bravery flying while shielded from GPS by canyons! Hope the crash didn't hurt your P2V+.

Thanks! Won't be flying without GPS in windy canyon anymore. Had a nice freak out moment and couldn't tell the orientation of the P2V b/c it was too far away. Then it flew out of sight. Took me 20 mins to find and it just missed landing in the river. Was very lucky.

Dude!! You got some of the most amazing footage I've seen yet! That is some awesome scenery!!! Very nice! What video editing software did you use? Any enhancements or is that raw? Thanks for sharing! I'm so envious!!!!

Thank you! So yes it definitely helped that Iceland was just jaw-dropping everywhere you turn, but I did plan out the pans and angles I wanted. I actually corrected the lens distortion in Photoshop CC—yes you can do video editing in photoshop. Just open the .mp4 file in psd, change the workspace to "motion" and right click on the video in layers panel and convert to smart object. Then you can do things to the video layer like lens correction and levels/contrast, etc. Then I exported each video clip and brought into iMovie and did all cutting and sound from there. Let me know if you have any more questions.

exposurescape said:
Thank you! So yes it definitely helped that Iceland was just jaw-dropping everywhere you turn, but I did plan out the pans and angles I wanted. I actually corrected the lens distortion in Photoshop CC—yes you can do video editing in photoshop. Just open the .mp4 file in psd, change the workspace to "motion" and right click on the video in layers panel and convert to smart object. Then you can do things to the video layer like lens correction and levels/contrast, etc. Then I exported each video clip and brought into iMovie and did all cutting and sound from there. Let me know if you have any more questions.
Interesting... Did not know I could use the lens correction profile I do have in Adobe PS CS6 that I don't have in Premier Pro.. hopefully that works the same in CS6 like it does in CC. I'll definitely give that a try. As a CC subscriber, do you not have access to Premiere Pro as well? Curious as to why you chose to use iMovie instead of Adobe Premiere Pro.. ? Thanks for the advise!

Very nice! This is what aerial videography is all about.

Thank you for taking the time to do this.

Part of the plot of Red Storm Rising was about a squad of Marines moving across this kind of terrain on foot. Now, I can appreciate the story even more. Nicely done, sir.

WOW

Did I mention WOW?

I am curious how much footage did you have to shoot to get 9 minutes of video and how much hiking did you have to do to place yourself in those spots.

PLEASE share you story.

exposurescape said:
Check this video out. Shows quality of the Vision + camera. You can see how it degrades slightly in lower light conditions at the end of the video.

http://exposurescape.com/aerial-iceland ... the-drone/

All in all I had some pretty smooth pans and over 30 successful flights over there and one terrible crash in a canyon when GPS broke and wind took it.
The best I've seen to date, high production values, congrats!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers