New video clip

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks like you despise the rule about not flying over people as well. You wonder why restrictions are built into the apps...it's because people don't follow the rules and instead of punishing only those that disobey, everyone gets punished.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Reactions: TnHwyman
Very well done, really enjoyed watching!
Looks like you are using software rendering for the 3D look.
What program are you using to do that?
GR

Reactions: dstephan
Very well done, really enjoyed watching!
Looks like you are using software rendering for the 3D look.
What program are you using to do that?
GR
I'm just using the DJI GO app on my iPad to create everything so far. It's pretty good but it has its limitations if you want to add your own logos and a few other things. Overall though it's pretty easy to use on the IPad.

It looks like you despise the rule about not flying over people as well. You wonder why restrictions are built into the apps...it's because people don't follow the rules and instead of punishing only those that disobey, everyone gets punished.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Not trying to be rude but if you go to DJI's site you will see their own people FLYING OVER PEOPLE. Just saying... I doubt you personally never have crossed a road or a house or a building or a park..... But I could be wrong. Anyways, no need to be so pushy friend.

Those are my kids I'm filming. Thx though. Drama queen nazis everywhere wearing extra tight "manties".
You have lots of kids in the parking lot. [emoji6]

I'm sorry, I'm just sick of seeing people complain about restrictions and then showing a video of them clearly not following the rules.

You did a great job with the video and I enjoyed watching it. You just caught me in a mood.

This is all I could think of when I watched your video. Haha

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Admittedly there's a gaggle crackheads out there doing damage for the rest of us. City slickers making taking risks over populated areas.

Forget the FAA, I suspect that drones will soon be prohibited as "carry on" luggage at ski lifts near you soon if skiers start complaining about flyovers...

I am not a skier, but would it be "normal" to get on a ski lift with a backpack? Could be a lunch and hot cocoa, or could be a drone, who knows?

Where did you get the video editing app?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I'm just using the DJI GO app on my iPad to create everything so far. It's pretty good but it has its limitations if you want to add your own logos and a few other things. Overall though it's pretty easy to use on the IPad.
Just letting you know that you edited low quality 720P video on the iPad with the DJI app. That's the cached video that isn't worthy to edit. That DJI app is worthless IMHO. If you pull the video off the SD card and edit that, you will see huge improvements in quality, and less drop outs that you had to edit out.

Nice country. I did a similar shoot at Breckenridge in Sept and was wishing I could fly to the top of the mountain, but only went up 1640', to the limit. I needed about another 1000' to make it to the top. Oh well.

Last edited:
Forget the FAA, I suspect that drones will soon be prohibited as "carry on" luggage at ski lifts near you soon if skiers start complaining about flyovers...

I am not a skier, but would it be "normal" to get on a ski lift with a backpack? Could be a lunch and hot cocoa, or could be a drone, who knows?
Skiers are Adrenalin junkies, I think most all would think it's cool to see drones overhead, wanting to get in the picture.. But it only takes a few complaints, given the bad press that abounds. However if something bad happens, for sure they'll ban them.

FYI, Isn't it prohibited to fly drones in the national park?
You're lucky that you didn't get caught but you might be getting a call from Parks Canada or Transport Canada soon.

FYI, Isn't it prohibited to fly drones in the national park?
You're lucky that you didn't get caught but you might be getting a call from Parks Canada or Transport Canada soon.
It's not a national park or even a provincial park. It's forestry. We ride our snowmobiles anywhere we like and cut down standing dead trees and random camp for weeks on end anywhere we like. Welcome to the Wild West .... North Americas last frontier ....

It's not a national park or even a provincial park. It's forestry. We ride our snowmobiles anywhere we like and cut down standing dead trees and random camp for weeks on end anywhere we like. Welcome to the Wild West .... North Americas last frontier ....

Lol, pretty soon you will be regulated by the Department of Forestry. Maybe even have to register yourself as a snowmobile owner. Oh, maybe the DMV already does that? Safety right? All in the name of safety. Even with all the regulations... S#-t happens and it always will unless they make it so you can't have a snowmobile at all. Hmmm, it must be something in the air. Everyone is a bit snarky today. Tomorrow's another day.

Your right, I thought it looked like the Banff area as there is a castle mountain in that area but this is near Pincher Creek but still flying over a public area such as the parking lot at the ski hill, not cool. Just makes the rest of us look bad. I see that you removed your video link as well. You should look up CARs (Air Regulations) on Transport Canada's web site.

Last edited:

Aren't your snowmobiles registered and have insurance. Drones are not the same kind of vehicle. They tend to fall out of the sky from time to time. The next time before you fly think about the what ifs and what are you going to do to reduce the risk. Do a risk hazard assessment. Then decide, is it worth the risk? You also flew over a built up area and an open assembly of people. This could incur a hefty fine from TC Enforcement Division. A guy incurred a $1,000 fine from TC last year in Montreal for taking pictures with his drone and he was crying the woes on the news. Do you're due diligence before you fly. Even if you have insurance they will not pay if you are contravening air regs.

Last edited:
OP has removed his video. Closing this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic