NEW Version of P2V now Shipping from B&H

Rumors!

I haven't seen anyone on this thread confirm an EXTERNAL USB on the transmitter. Also, is there any evidence that this is an updated PV2 other than the word of one person at B&H?

I sent DJI an e-mail about switching out my controller for a new one with an external usb. This is what they sent back.

Dear Frank,

Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately we're unable to switch out these controls as they come as a set.

Best regards,

DJI US support

You will have to come up with your own conclusion but I think there is a new controller with an external usb as they did not say there is no such thing.

Rumors - 2

I just called B&H and spoke to the department that sells these. The person I spoke with said that there is NO new model or update. He said that they are selling the same model they have been selling, all along. No change.

Re: NEW Version of P2V now Shipping from B&H

I've decided to switch my P2V out for a P2 with gimbal & GoPro Hero3+. It should be here tomorrow pending weather. Maybe it'll have the external USB plug.

The different number for the replacement "new" unit is probably a replacement
or refurbished unit designation or serial number, similar to -1, -2, -3, etc.

BigPig said:
I've decided to switch my P2V out for a P2 with gimbal & GoPro Hero3+. It should be here tomorrow pending weather. Maybe it'll have the external USB plug.

The P2 does have the external USB and the slider. The Vision has neither. I purchased both, and that is how they came in.

They are different controllers. Vision is 5.8 and no slider. P2 is 2.4 with slider. That is all I can guess. I can tell you that both units were fresh out of the factory. The Vision I picked it up myself the same day the shipment arrived from DJI.

My new P2V is on it's way from B&H. I'll probably have it Friday. I highly doubt there will be any differences.

rmklaw said:
They are different controllers. Vision is 5.8 and no slider. P2 is 2.4 with slider. That is all I can guess. I can tell you that both units were fresh out of the factory. The Vision I picked it up myself the same day the shipment arrived from DJI.
if you look inside the P2V controller, you will be surprised that has written Phantom II 2.4GHz
they just changed the TX part at 5.8GHz :roll:

zoom in and look at right side
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mfm6nt9cxoj3enj/IMG_4929.JPG

I received my replacement P2V today... NO external USB port on Tx... Everything else looks exactly the same... Model # is exactly the same... Oh well... At least its new...

I plan on upgrading all the firmware, then taking it out and doing a good test, then taking the top off and applying some flexible adhesive to the main battery terminals at the board and to all the motor solder joints... Also, any other "ball looking" solder joint... This should provide some solid reinforcement from wind vibrations and landings that may be the cause of all these bad/cold solder joint issues. I'm not going to re-solder everything as long as it is snug, just apply this 3M 5200 adhesive sealant for added stability... What do you all think about that?

urgno said:
rmklaw said:
if you look inside the P2V controller, you will be surprised that has written Phantom II 2.4GHz
they just changed the TX part at 5.8GHz :roll:

zoom in and look at right side
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mfm6nt9cxoj3enj/IMG_4929.JPG

good catch. I wonder if you can put a 5.8 receiver from the Vision in the Phantom 2. That would allow me to run video in 2.4 and use the GoPro Wi-Fi. I am not concerned with losing some range with 5.6 versus 2.4. My Vision gives me all the range I need.

rmklaw said:
good catch. I wonder if you can put a 5.8 receiver from the Vision in the Phantom 2. That would allow me to run video in 2.4 and use the GoPro Wi-Fi. I am not concerned with losing some range with 5.6 versus 2.4. My Vision gives me all the range I need.
I guess is possible ... but then you will have also to add the tilt lever on the back of the TX
a6327651-145-Phantom2-4.jpg

anyway, the 5.8 RX is available as spare
http://www.jonathan.it/ricambi/multirot ... 8-ghz.html

Just got my replacement P2V. No outside USB on transmitter. Looks like the outside USBs only come with the new transmitters ordered from DJI. I already upgraded all firmware (camera, TX, phantom) and all works great. Anxious to use it tomorrow. Funny thing is that B&H sent me an extra set of props by accident.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie