New Version of DJI Assistant

Reaction score
Just visited the DJI website and there appears to be a new version of DJI Assistant. I mention this because I was unable to get the previous version of Assistant to perform the firmware update a week or so ago so hopefully the new version will correct that.

Brian

Reactions: Bermuda Sunset
Yes this is dji trying to combat the software hacking. They are removing the firmware that allows the exploits and forcing updates

Reactions: Bermuda Sunset
Yes this is dji trying to combat the software hacking. They are removing the firmware that allows the exploits and forcing updates
It is usless. Hackers always download and storage firmwares. They can make a fake DJI server , a fake 'new' firmware, and flash it into DJI drones.

Yes for the hackers that already saw thus coming, but for average joe that could get on google and do the exploits themselves they are now SOL. there were a few vm ware files floating around but have been pulled. How can dji force these updates and add stuff to the drones that make them function or not function differently from when we purchased these drones.

Yes for the hackers that already saw thus coming, but for average joe that could get on google and do the exploits themselves they are now SOL. there were a few vm ware files floating around but have been pulled. How can dji force these updates and add stuff to the drones that make them function or not function differently from when we purchased these drones.

DJI announced in June to chinese users that DJI would lock motors who didnot updated their drones to the latest firmware before 30,June,2017.
I don't know if DJI announced this in other countries.

And chinese users ,some of them updated, others block DJIGO's internet connection,and its seems no one reported their drones locked.

But it means that DJI could write a timer in firmware, if djigo cannot connect internet,after every xx days must active the drone again otherwise lock motor.

If dji really do this ,for hacker , easy ,fake dji server! For us, emmmmmm...It seems must update firmware....

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj