New V2 controller for my P2

Reaction score
Howdy all!

Got the new V2 controller from DJI yesterday. All bound (binded?) and working great. Had to tweak a few settings along with calibration. I like it! Although I'm not quite sure how I feel about the spring-loaded gimbal tilt controller.

Anyone else have a chance to play with one?

Cheers,
Jared

I have one as well and have had nothing but problems.... Does your gimbal retain its position when scroll wheel is released our does it return to center position?

backcountrymedic said:
It returns back to a 45° angle or so. That's the spring loaded part I mentioned. Maybe a mod is in order?

Yes mine does that as well.... It's supposed to stay whatever you leave it.. And not move until you scroll the wheel.....toward the end of this video you will see what I'm talking about.....
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=

It's supposed to stay whatever you leave it

After watching the video, I see what you mean. And that was my expected behavior when I got it set up. I just figured that that's the way it was going to be from now on. Have you come up with a fix? In the video, I heard mention about upgrading with the RC assistant before upgrading the quad firmware, otherwise causing an issue with bricking the gimbal. I definitely didn't upgrade the controller in any way before binding. I did however, upgrade the quad with my old controller prior to binding the new controller.

I have upgraded rc assistant removed and reinstalled.... Followed instructions from a similar thread on this forum in the p2 vision section I still cannot get this gimbal to work properly..... Very frustrating we need to come up with a fix.... The gimbal operates very smooth.... But to hold my finger on the scroll wheel to have a level View during flight is unacceptable.....

Sooo... I've tried the calibration dance multiple times this afternoon. And still no luck getting the desired behavior out of the new left dial on the v2 controller. I've followed the instructions to the letter that were in another post with the same complaint, and am not having any luck.

Anyone have any other thoughts?

I've got the same problem, gimbal sits at 45' until you push the 'wheel', but then returns to 45'. I hope someone can come up with a fix soon. Can't fly it like that : (

Are you using an 2d our 3d gimbal?. I had spoke with someone from Dji and are saying that it could possibly be the controller but I have my doubts about that.....I think it might be a software issue effecting the 2d gimbal

In Assistant software, make sure Basic->RC->Transmitter Version is set to "Upgrade Version". As you mouse over the radio buttons between that and "Basic Version" you will see the image change for the desired style. And do a stick calibration.

catware said:
In Assistant software, make sure Basic->RC->Transmitter Version is set to "Upgrade Version". As you mouse over the radio buttons between that and "Basic Version" you will see the image change for the desired style. And do a stick calibration.

In my case stick calibrations have been done NUMEROUS times...I have uninstalled and re installed both rc assistant and phantom assistant. At least 5 times and calibrated in just about every sequence possible..... The gimbal moves smoothly and speeds up depending on how fast I scroll the wheel.... But will always return to a 45° angle.....

And yes upgraded version is selected...

Ah, ok. Just wanted to check the basics. It is working as it should with my P2 v2.0 -- do you have the Phantom v2.0 as well or just the new transmitter?

catware said:
Ah, ok. Just wanted to check the basics. It is working as it should with my P2 v2.0 -- do you have the Phantom v2.0 as well or just the new transmitter?

I have a phantom 2 NON vision NON v2 with h3-2d and a new "upgraded" transmitter

I've contacted and spoken with DJI this morning. The thought at this point is that it's a software problem with the H3-2D gimbal, and that a patch might fix it. The support ticket is open and pending. I'll keep you updated as it progresses.

That's the stupidest thing I can imagine for controlling the pitch of your camera. I've never encountered a wheel that is spring loaded to return to center. I'll keep the controller I have. I sure wouldn't want to need to hold a spring loaded wheel in an exact position to shoot video. Was there any instructions on how the new wheel was suppose to operate the camera?

Bluegrass said:
That's the stupidest thing I can imagine for controlling the pitch of your camera. I've never encountered a wheel that is spring loaded to return to center. I'll keep the controller I have. I sure wouldn't want to need to hold a spring loaded wheel in an exact position to shoot video. Was there any instructions on how the new wheel was suppose to operate the camera?

It's not supposed to work like that.... The camera is supposed to stop where you leave it.... But a few people me included that have a 2d gimbal are experiencing what appears to be a software issue with the 2d gimbal......

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj