New User

any issues with firing it up (not the motors) inside the house, just for video recording?

Not at all -- you have to do that for firmware upgrades and IMU calibrations as well. I would remove the props just in case someone hit the sticks and accidentally started the motors, but other than that you are all good.

OK, have unboxed the Standard, charged the battery, and am trying to charge the controller.

When in the Off position the yellow light was steady. Plugged the USB into my computer, and the red light and one green light are blinking for three seconds, then goes out.

Is it charging?

btw - my computer "Does not recognize the device" when first plugged in.

2nd btw - now the red light, and one green light, are blinking rapidly...

Last edited:
The manual has the blinky light sequences. You'll eventually memorize them so you might as well start now. Red and green, so festive!

The manual has the blinky light sequences. You'll eventually memorize them so you might as well start now. Red and green, so festive!

almost festive... the manual sucks ;-)

the only blinky sequences I see in the manual are regarding when its connected to the bird

wow. stymied by a controller charge issue. already boxed up for a ship back/return/refund.

from the most anticipated christmas ever, to a complete bummer.

Dan - I have a P3P not a standard, but my remote doesn't charge via the USB. I use the second end on the battery charger. Just can't charge the battery and the remote at the same time.

Dan - I have a P3P not a standard, but my remote doesn't charge via the USB. I use the second end on the battery charger. Just can't charge the battery and the remote at the same time.

Thanks, but the charger I received doesn't have the twin ends that charges battery and controller. (its battery only). (I guess because its the Standard)

Very disappointed.

The manual provided no help. Neither did either forum.

Standard does use the USB cable.
I have to wiggle the connector for it to charge sometimes.
My computer recognizes the 'storage device'.
Takes a long time to charge (like 2 hours with remote OFF), solid red light until charged then solid green.
Try leaving it plugged in for a long while

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers