New user wondering about firm ware

Reaction score
I just got my phantom2 without cam only because I have a go pro I'm going to use for now and pretty pumped up... Just wondering if I need to updated firmware before first flight???

Slysirdangles said:
I just got my phantom2 without cam only because I have a go pro I'm going to use for now and pretty pumped up... Just wondering if I need to updated firmware before first flight???

No. I wouldn't do it. Just do a compass calibration.

As a new user, you should upgrade. The newest version won't let you get into prop wash when descending and the quad is generally more stable.

Fyod said:
As a new user, you should upgrade. The newest version won't let you get into prop wash when descending and the quad is generally more stable.

+1 upgrade

I'm going to back the guys saying update. indeed because the newer firmwares have flight restrictions which help avoid certain types of crashes, but also because it's a good exercise in getting more familiar with your device.

Yes, you can unbox and just start flying with a Phantom but it's an adult toy and a little bit dangerous like if it falls and hits someone from altitude they will def be hurt or killed... my point is if you've come this far into the hobby you'll be happier if you take the time to get to know it more intimately than just turning it on and how the sticks work... learning all the settings, options, limits, which things you can change and how to change them vs things you can't... all very valuable to know.

Slysirdangles said:

It should have come with the latest firmware if you got it brand new from any reputable dealer.
I got my Phantom just under 2 weeks after the 3.04 update came out and when I got round to checking it was already the most up to date.
As long as you have the April 30th 2014 v3.02 firmware or newer you’re going to be ok, and most main dealers should have stock cycle times were they don’t have any of the older ones in stock anymore anyway.

Compass calibration setup like in the quick start guide and fly and have some fun with it.
http://download.dji-innovations.com/dow ... ide_en.pdf

Thanks for the feed back... We'll I did the compass thing and took her up.... Wow what a rush :D not really sure why such a rush but awesome :mrgreen:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20