New user. Just wanted to say hello and share my elation.

Reaction score
Hey guys! New to the forums and the DJI product line. My Phantom 2 and H3-3D Gimbal just arrived today and I couldn't be happier! I started out with a cheap $80 Dromida, and after flying two of those off into the sky to never be found again, I borrowed a friends AR.Drone 2.0 for a month to learn a bit more about quadcopter dynamics before making the plunge on a Phantom 2.

After tearing into the box (gently!), I got to work setting up and installing everything. I took it apart and installed the anti-interference device inside for a cleaner look, then decided to take it for a test flight before continuing with the gimbal installation. After firmware upgrades I headed out to fly!... Except the controller wouldn't connect to the quadcopter.

After 10 minutes of online searching I figured out how to pair the two together, and I was off!... Except it still wouldn't fly. Solid red lights. Plugged it back into my computer and found out the control knobs weren't calibrated. Quick calibration and we are FINALLY off.

I have to say I am absolutely AMAZED at how well this bird flies. It's super stable and handles like a dream. Out of everything, I'm the most amazed at how easy it is to land. I was expecting to have a few "tumbles" as many do their first few flights and I had none! (fingers crossed.)

Quickly installed the gimbal and camera, recharged the battery, and went back out for a night flight. Didn't get much on the camera but I was able to test RTH which worked just as well as I expected it to.

Overall, I couldn't be more happy with my purchase and I'm excited to be a part of Phantom Pilots!

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new baby.
Experience seems to chalk up pretty quickly in the initial period of ownership.
Cheers and thanks for the interesting post!

Welcome to the forum! I apologize that no one else has welcomed you.

It seems that you have definately been bitten by the bug! Congratulations on your successful flights.

If you haven't done so already, download the real manual from DJI's site. Read it multiple times as it is a difficult read!

Again, welcome my friend!

Alan

Narrator said:

You must have posted when I did. Why is my clock off in the minutes? Those should be the same.

PhantomFanatic said:
Narrator said:

You must have posted when I did. Why is my clock off in the minutes? Those should be the same.
;) :p

Welcome! :cool:

charleszink said:
Hey guys! New to the forums and the DJI product line. My Phantom 2 and H3-3D Gimbal just arrived today and I couldn't be happier! I started out with a cheap $80 Dromida, and after flying two of those off into the sky to never be found again, I borrowed a friends AR.Drone 2.0 for a month to learn a bit more about quadcopter dynamics before making the plunge on a Phantom 2.

After tearing into the box (gently!), I got to work setting up and installing everything. I took it apart and installed the anti-interference device inside for a cleaner look, then decided to take it for a test flight before continuing with the gimbal installation. After firmware upgrades I headed out to fly!... Except the controller wouldn't connect to the quadcopter.

After 10 minutes of online searching I figured out how to pair the two together, and I was off!... Except it still wouldn't fly. Solid red lights. Plugged it back into my computer and found out the control knobs weren't calibrated. Quick calibration and we are FINALLY off.

I have to say I am absolutely AMAZED at how well this bird flies. It's super stable and handles like a dream. Out of everything, I'm the most amazed at how easy it is to land. I was expecting to have a few "tumbles" as many do their first few flights and I had none! (fingers crossed.)

Quickly installed the gimbal and camera, recharged the battery, and went back out for a night flight. Didn't get much on the camera but I was able to test RTH which worked just as well as I expected it to.

Overall, I couldn't be more happy with my purchase and I'm excited to be a part of Phantom Pilots!

Congrats and welcome to the forum! I was surprised at how easy it was to land the first time too. I actually let it fail safe and land itself the first flight just to see that function work, but it is a piece of cake to fly.

You will learn a lot on the forum, welcome to it.

cool to have you on board :) It's is a lot of fun and most of the members here are super friendly and willing to help!

Welcome to the group. Enjoy your new Quad. Most here are eager to help you with any questions or concerns.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie