New user Battery question,

Reaction score
Ok, I’m very new to the Drone scene, been a RC Car (Traxxas) hobbyist for years but just brought my first Drone. I went ahead and got the P4P, the main reason behind the phantom vs the Mavic was for cost. I had a couple of discounts and got the p4p for the same cost as the Mavic, so why not…LOL.

OK, to my question, I’ve been reading, reading and more reading and I’m come to the conclusion that most people make photo and video adjustments in the air. If that’s the case, doesn’t it use a lot of battery to get it fine turned? I only have one battery so just trying to get an idea on battery usage. I do plain on buying a second battery but need to save up for that, Wife’s going to kill me if I say I need to get more parts for my gadgets…LOL. I will be using my drone mainly for photography at first, then moving to video, which video is a totally new field for me. I’ve have spent at least 5 total months researching and watching tons of YouTube videos but nothing is like having the real thing in your hand….

Thanks,
Derek

Save yourself some money...get a spare battery and a new wife.

edit: ok keep the wife but you do need a spare battery. Negotiate.

LOL...That's funny....Sometimes it's cheaper to keep her....LMAO...Just joking...LOL

Ok, I will look into getting another battery..

Nice jokes, but seriously, I do not think adjusting your camera settings in flight has any problems with the battery usage.
But agree with others, the absolute first accessory is a second battery, but a good wife is definitely a keeper.

Reactions: Derek_Garmon
I use manual settings. On a sunny day, I'll set ISO 100 and 60fps with 4k/30. You can do this as well with photos but your shutter speed will be faster, say 250. I also use an ND16 filter. Pull up the histogram (I keep mine up) and when you're in the air, click the wheel on the right several times until it rests on f-stop. When you get in the air, click once and the f-stop should be blue. Adjust it so you get a nice distribution on the histogram. Shoot away. a big change in light will require an adjustment but since you're only changing the f-stop, it's easy. Adjust for the best histogram for what you're shooting.

Adjustment in flight gets better and faster with a bit of practice. What ever you do don't get a new battery and a spare wife!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4